Time to get your listing up?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
If you are listed on directories, how long did it take your listing to get up? My first listing with ILoveInns was up the same day. I've now been waiting almost 2 weeks for bedandbreakfast and my credit card was charged immediately. I haven't heard a peep from them.
Edited to add: I had our phone forwarded to my cell & had my laptop with me checking email several times a day while we were gone too, so it's not a question of not being able to reach me. I took calls and answered email the entire time we were gone!!

You know, at this point, I would send an email to customer service copied to Eric, asking what the holdup was. That is too long. If it's not fixed, then I would have no qualms about filing a chargeback with the credit card company.

Sorry, I don't remember how long it took when we switched the info from the PO's to us. Definitely give them a call if there is a number.
800-462-2632 (generic number)
1-512-322-2710 Ext. 2719 (actual person number but may not be YOUR rep)

You know, at this point, I would send an email to customer service copied to Eric, asking what the holdup was. That is too long. If it's not fixed, then I would have no qualms about filing a chargeback with the credit card company..
I emailed them already! It had gone to the back burner with us being on vacation. The email has been read. I will give them 24 hours to respond & then consider your advice since they've had my funds for that length of time.
Just wondering what other folks had encountered with the timeframe?

Sorry, I don't remember how long it took when we switched the info from the PO's to us. Definitely give them a call if there is a number.
1-512-322-2710 Ext. 2719 (actual person number but may not be YOUR rep).
Since nothing has been done, I don't have a rep. At this point, I want something in writing vs. a phone call. Thanks!

Since nothing has been done, I don't have a rep. At this point, I want something in writing vs. a phone call. Thanks!
You could use the number to call them to get something in writing...

E-mail John B from here. What good are strings if you don't pull them?

E-mail John B from here. What good are strings if you don't pull them?
Good one!

i recall that i had to email them and say my listing is ready, please review it and put it up. something like that. they 'scolded' me for not doing that.

i recall that i had to email them and say my listing is ready, please review it and put it up. something like that. they 'scolded' me for not doing that..
Hmmm...When I registered it said that someone would be contacting me about my listing. I won't be happy if there's a scolding involved
sad_smile.gif

i recall that i had to email them and say my listing is ready, please review it and put it up. something like that. they 'scolded' me for not doing that..
Hmmm...When I registered it said that someone would be contacting me about my listing. I won't be happy if there's a scolding involved
sad_smile.gif

I think what she means is check your junk mail folder...
=)
Kk.

BBonline took a few weeks to get mine up. Bedandbreakfast.com is usually faster than that. Check you spam filter and or give them a call. Something got stuck some where along the way.

BBonline took a few weeks to get mine up. Bedandbreakfast.com is usually faster than that. Check you spam filter and or give them a call. Something got stuck some where along the way..
A few weeks! In today's world....you're kidding me.
omg_smile.gif
Yeesch, I thought they'd be quicker than that. I am truly spoiled by my Webmaster. Yes, indeed
teeth_smile.gif

Thanks, John. I'll email you off the forum. I was really surprised at the delay considering your high tech speak here (or Ancient Geek as Swirt calls it). :)

Usually it is done same day - not sure what the delay would be. You can email your property and I can look into it. [email protected]..
Well, it pays to "know" people in high places
shades_smile.gif
Looks like there was a typo in my email addy and it's taken care of now. Working on the listing
regular_smile.gif

Thanks, John!!
Samster said:
shades_smile.gif
Looks like there was a typo in my email addy and it's taken care of now. Working on the listing
regular_smile.gif

Thanks, John!!
Did it go to outerspace - they didn't get a bounce? They didn't have your phone #?

Usually it is done same day - not sure what the delay would be. You can email your property and I can look into it. [email protected]..
shades_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif

Thanks, John!!
Samster said:
shades_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif

Thanks, John!!
Did it go to outerspace - they didn't get a bounce? They didn't have your phone #?
Have no clue what happened...our inn name had transposed letters in the email address. The phone number was there, of course :)

Update on this:
The foks at bedandbreakfast have taken good care of me. I got all the listing info in & was live by noon the next day. Woo hoo!
John is looking into what happened with the email snafu as well.
They also extended my listing because of the problems.
Thanks, John!!!

Back