Time to replace Towels etc etc

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Como Depot

Reaction score
I have been buying white sheets sets from Sams and they seem to be OK, but I really need to replace everything this winter and hopefully next year I will have another 4 rooms to fit out. Any recommendations for suppliers?

I use the Martex from the Cost Club. They last longer than the guests ruining them :)

Cost Club must be regional. I've never heard of it. Is it like Sam's or Costco?

My last go round found me highly disappointed with my usual local purveyor so I stopped at JCP on my way home and dropped $400 on towels. They have worked out very well! And they are easily replaced in the event they get damaged. Lots of colors, too!

Cost Club must be regional. I've never heard of it. Is it like Sam's or Costco?.
I was trying to avoid writing the name of the last one on that list :) They used to be Price Club..... so I just merged their names. Sam's Club failed up here. They opened a few stores, found out that they couldn't complete and closed them all and went home with their tail between their legs.

We need to replace our towels this year too.
I know in another thread someone recommended Turkish cotton towels, anyone else tried them.
I see OutO fEd en stock them, anyone bought from there (probably only camberley is likely to have, I think).

Ours are ready to be replaced as well. They've lost that lovin' feeling and are getting to the scratchy stage.

I know in another thread someone recommended Turkish cotton towels, anyone else tried them.
I see OutO fEd en stock them, anyone bought from there (probably only camberley is likely to have, I think)..
We buy from Turkish Towel Company They are great to deal with, are supporters of the b&b industry and have wholesale prices (not the ones on the website). Contact them for their pricelist.

Lately, we've been dealing with BostonTextile and CottonCraftInc (I think through BostonTextile...) -- but their minimum order, for example for sheets, would be a case of 2 dozen..... (yes, we buy that many sheets at a time)

I see OutO fEd en stock them, anyone bought from there (probably only camberley is likely to have, I think)..
We buy from Turkish Towel Company They are great to deal with, are supporters of the b&b industry and have wholesale prices (not the ones on the website). Contact them for their pricelist.
Breakfast Nemo said:
I have Turkish Towels, but not theirs, have contacted them. Need to replace the Robes as well.

Ours are ready to be replaced as well. They've lost that lovin' feeling and are getting to the scratchy stage..
Proud Texan said:
Ours are ready to be replaced as well. They've lost that lovin' feeling and are getting to the scratchy stage.
Same here, and 10 mins in the dryer when they're damp isn't helping much either.

sorry with our size we use a full laundry service - provides sheets, towels etc we just have to bag them up and everything comes back ironed - don't know anyone who has bought the out of eden ones but they look nice, I like Yorkshire Linen and they deliver anywhere from their web site

sorry with our size we use a full laundry service - provides sheets, towels etc we just have to bag them up and everything comes back ironed - don't know anyone who has bought the out of eden ones but they look nice, I like Yorkshire Linen and they deliver anywhere from their web site
I might just go for it anyway. Normally I buy JohnLewis, but I think edens might stay softer longer.

Lately, we've been dealing with BostonTextile and CottonCraftInc (I think through BostonTextile...) -- but their minimum order, for example for sheets, would be a case of 2 dozen..... (yes, we buy that many sheets at a time).
Harborfields said:
Lately, we've been dealing with BostonTextile and CottonCraftInc (I think through BostonTextile...) -- but their minimum order, for example for sheets, would be a case of 2 dozen..... (yes, we buy that many sheets at a time)
How do they hold up and wash? My JCP sheets are losing the elastic.

I buy the white towels in bulk at Costco. They are very, very inexpensive, yet large, fluffy and soft. If guests ruin them, they end up as rag towels for the engine room. Once, when red wine was spilled on the flybridge, I thought nothing of throwing one of those towels down to soak up the wine before it spilled all down the side of the boat. I got most of it, but it still looked like blood had run down the side when we got back and my neighbors were asking me what happened. That towel went to the rag bag and I didn't mind, given the price I paid for it.

My sheets come from Comphy Co, and I also participate in their retail program. Makes me a little extra money, and it's so nice to hear how much the guests enjoyed them. They are treated with a stain release, and dry in 10 minutes with virtually no wrinkling. They're guaranteed for 300 washings, and the staff is a pleasure to work with.

My towels come from Sam's Club = about $7/towel, $4/hand towel, $2/washcloth. I buy white only, and bleach them every wash, whether they need it or not. I've been very happy with them.

We get towels from Costco. Like them very much and they're very inexpensive, too. I've also purchased sheets from there, which I have also liked, but they do NOT hold up as well as those from Comphy. Yes, I pay a little more for the Comphy sheets, but that elastic around the fitted sheet has yet to wear out and they release the stains very well.

I hesitate to buy from anyplace that I can't actually feel the towels! Weight and other 'numbers' don't really mean anything concrete to me.

Back