time

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flossy

Reaction score
been lurking this forum for about 6 months. Looking to buy a turnkey in Oz. learned so much from all of you ...so much more to learn then hope to jump in FEET first in the next 6 months. One question..... When do you have time to enter this forum because I image the concept of time is very different for professional INNkeepers compared to us "hard working" 9 to 5 ers who can still escape the turmoils of our offices and seek refuge in our homes. JJ

Hi Flossy and welcome!
I hop on whenever I'm so tired I have to sit down for a bit. It's a little respite to be on here.
Keep us up on your B&B adventures!

thanx Pollyanna. i am afraid I cannot contribute much as yet but learned alot particulrrly in the thread about Arkie's plans. We are making preliminary enquiries and doing our due diligence.. Are there any other forum members from Australia?JJ

Hi flossy, welcome.
One thing you need to do in this business is check your emails regularly, so when I'm doing that I log on here for 10 minutes chill time.
welcome.gif

I tend to have a quick scan in the 10 mins I spare to have a cup of tea just before we open to door to breakfast maddness and then maybe have a quick look in the evening depending on what is going on. Don't know about other inmates from OZ though JOHn and I are UK.

welcome.gif

Just got our once a year email from my brother in law in Brisbane today as I opened your thread here.
There are a few Ozzie innkeepers on this forum from time to time, but not regulars. One who has cabins in the Blue Mountains. Another is an Oz who lives in Pennsylvania in the USA.

I'm able to sit at the computer in the inn's kitchen when things are in the oven and I'm waiting for them to be done, or after we deliver breakfast to them, I have time as I'm waiting for the dishes to reappear outside their door.
As someone else mentioned, I do a little during cleaning/room turn over time. It's tiring, so I'll take a few minutes to look at e-mail and check the forum after cleaning a couple of rooms for a little break.
Best of luck on your adventure! I'm sure you'll have lots of questions for us.

The forum is on a browser, I just took a booking and clicked over to it. I have cleaned, shopped, added flowers to rooms, made brownies for check in, reset the a/c, vacuumed and done laundry and monthly taxes today, and have had this window open the whole time and pop in.
Waiting for check ins I have the inn the news email sent so add that any surf the forum at 330pm, waiting for check outs I am here...to pass the time. If I do anything else, they go searching and it is a mad goose chase. I have my door open here and jump up and down saying good bye, processing check outs, printing directions, etc etc
Innkeepers if NOTHING ELSE ARE SUPERIOR MULTITASKERS. We do it in our sleep! We do it on no-sleep... :)
It's all part of what I called Innkeeper ADD...We get stuck into 15 different things at once.

welcome.gif
to the forum, Flossy! Innkeepers are indeed multi-taskers and work in snippets of time. We have our computers up all the time and frequently check rez systems and email. Clicking over to this forum is a little breather if we sit down for more than a couple of minutes. It's all part of managing the busy flow of the day....

Back