Timing breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
When guests first arrive in the dining room I bring them out their bowl of fresh fruit and whatever baked good I am serving. I then take their breakfast order. Back in the kitchen I feel like I am either rushing to get everything done or if I have something pre-made, like a quiche, I'm watching the clock to make sure I don't bring their food out too soon. So, how much time do you typically allow between the first course and main course?

I think we allow generally 10 minutes. Give them time to wake up, drink some coffee. eat ther fruit...
RIki

That's how we do it. By the time the breakfast is cooked, they're ready for it. Even if it is slicing up the quiche and cooking sausages, they're generally done when the next course is ready to serve. If they are reading the paper and dawdling over the starter, I will say, 'Oh, sorry, I'm not rushing you, just wanted to get this to the table while it's hot.'

It is a bit easier as i just stick my head out lol but I find it generally takes 10 mins from tea on the table to ready for main course. Though I did have a couple that took 20 and then complained we were rushing them!

It is a bit easier as i just stick my head out lol but I find it generally takes 10 mins from tea on the table to ready for main course. Though I did have a couple that took 20 and then complained we were rushing them!

Juice, fruit, muffns, and carafe of coffee on the table when they get to the dining room. I try to time it for the entree to be ready in about 10 minutes.

We have a set menu for breakfast, we do the first course with fruit or whatever, bread or muffins, coffee tea juice-usually 10 minutes or so after the fruit is served sometime longe depending on the guests and the time they wan t to get out.

Coffee/tea/juice out and ready for them, then all food plated and served together...we find that lots of people prefer to eat their fruit last so this way they can eat it as they choose and it's much simpler for us in serving.

Back