tip envelope wording

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double post but I will add the only downside is one more thing to track for income (taxes)
Oh, and no envelopes here. We just stayed at a place with a large staff. There was an envelope in the room with wording similar to
Our staff work hard to make your stay enjoyable. Your consideration is appreciated..
Anon Inn said:
Double post but I will add the only downside is one more thing to track for income (taxes)
You pay taxes on tips you receive? Or you are tracking tips the housekeeper has to pay taxes on?
And you get 5% of the room rate in tips? That is BEYOND phenomenal. If we see $2 in tips we think it's a good day. I would say 5% of guests leave a tip and it's usually $2.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant that about 5 percent of guests leave a tip in the rooms. And we don't have housekeepers. Some guests might think we do ( we don't refresh the rooms until they're out of the house )

Well, here's a new 'twist' to the envelope thing. Some people just will not leave tips no matter what, which is fine. No one expects a tip here. We just supply the envelopes so that if guests want to leave one, they (and we) can be assured that what they're leaving is not mistaken for something left accidentally. Anyway, we've recently had people TAKE THE WHOLE ENVELOPE from the room. Just take it! Not put it in the trash. Why would someone do that? Weird.

Well, here's a new 'twist' to the envelope thing. Some people just will not leave tips no matter what, which is fine. No one expects a tip here. We just supply the envelopes so that if guests want to leave one, they (and we) can be assured that what they're leaving is not mistaken for something left accidentally. Anyway, we've recently had people TAKE THE WHOLE ENVELOPE from the room. Just take it! Not put it in the trash. Why would someone do that? Weird..
They used it to write down a number or address.
Our guests used to take the card we had the tip note written on. At the beginning of the summer I explained the tip process to the housekeeper...you tell me when you need new cards/envelopes and I'll print them out for you. If you don't tell me, I'm not just going to do it. She never mentioned them at all, the whole summer. I printed them up a second time thinking she might have forgotten (altho if she's willing to leave some of the money on the table, that's her lookout!) Never heard a peep. I guess it wasn't important.

Well, here's a new 'twist' to the envelope thing. Some people just will not leave tips no matter what, which is fine. No one expects a tip here. We just supply the envelopes so that if guests want to leave one, they (and we) can be assured that what they're leaving is not mistaken for something left accidentally. Anyway, we've recently had people TAKE THE WHOLE ENVELOPE from the room. Just take it! Not put it in the trash. Why would someone do that? Weird..
We've had guests throw out the envelope and take the envelope. The ones who take it usually have written a note on it. The ones who throw it away.... well, I don't know what to think. Maybe it helps their guilt for not leaving it and then creating useless trash. Haven't yet seen one where they actually put it into the recycling bin.

They used it to write down a number or address.
Our guests used to take the card we had the tip note written on. At the beginning of the summer I explained the tip process to the housekeeper...you tell me when you need new cards/envelopes and I'll print them out for you. If you don't tell me, I'm not just going to do it. She never mentioned them at all, the whole summer. I printed them up a second time thinking she might have forgotten (altho if she's willing to leave some of the money on the table, that's her lookout!) Never heard a peep. I guess it wasn't important.
We buy a box of envelopes from the dollar store and print the entire box and put that in the cupboard available for use, so if it's missing, they just have to pull a new one out of the box. So we print maybe 30 at a time. Usually a year's supply or so.

Envelope printing can be quite simple, especially when you give up the provide work for of your home printer. You don't have to create various configurations for you to turn out envelopes successfully.
http://www.emanprinting.com/32-envelopes-printing

Properly addressing your envelopes is such an enormous task, and brides often have no idea where to start and thus can become overwhelmed. I thought it might be helpful to include some tips on some of the most common envelope addressing situations. -Donald Leon Farrow

Envelopes have different size and format. There are pocket envelops and a banker envelopes, the size varies depending on the mass of the document inside.
http://www.emanprinting.net/envelopes-printing.php

Back