Tips for cleaning glass coffee carafes and coffee makers.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
I have coffee/tea carafes with white hard water stains on the bottom from where they sit on the electric warmers.
I heard than you can clean your coffee makers with vinegar. I tried that will poor results. Now the coffee tastes and smells vinegary. I don't understand it because I ran 3 water rinses through it afterwards.
Anyone have any tips on cleaning these? Thanks

I don't know if this will work for water stains, but when I worked in restaurants, we always used salt in a little water to swish out the coffee stains, especially when it sat on the burner too long and got crusty.
Riki

I don't know if this will work for water stains, but when I worked in restaurants, we always used salt in a little water to swish out the coffee stains, especially when it sat on the burner too long and got crusty.
Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
Once you put the salt in, what do you do? Thanks!

We used vinegar but had to rinse through the machine more like 15 times.

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
Salt created grit.

I use vinegar and just rinse it really good and that seems to work. I also put the coffee maker parts such as the filter basket, carafe etc and run them through the dishwasher all the time so nothing builds up on them.

i'm a big baking soda fan
paste of baking soda and vinegar. let sit. then scrub. then rinse, rinse, rinse. sometimes heated vinegar and water is the way to go. if it's cooked on again and again over time, it may be permanent.

We wash the coffee carafes every day. (So, once you get them clean, try that.) What kind of coffee maker do you have? Some of them you cannot run anything but water thru.
Anyway, we have a wire brush specifically made for cleaning carafes. We need to use that every once in awhile.
I'm a fan of baking soda as well. You can put the baking soda in the carafe and they pour vinegar on it. Instant 'school project volcano' and you get a nice scrubbing action. Let it sit and then rinse. Glass carafes shouldn't hold the smell of the vinegar after a good rinsing.

Riki.
yeah, same here, just put the salt & water in and shake it up. make sure to rinse out well after.

Eggshells and water have the same effect as salt and water. We used those to clean antique glass carafes a hundred years ago :)

Eggshells and water have the same effect as salt and water. We used those to clean antique glass carafes a hundred years ago :).
IrisoftheWayfarer said:
We used those to clean antique glass carafes a hundred years ago :)
Wow. HOW old ARE you?
old as dirt, heheh.
ok 53
embaressed_smile.gif

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
The Farmers Daughter said:
egoodell said:
Riki
I think this was already answered, but put in some water, about a half cup or so, and swirl until the bits come off. Rinse well.
Riki

For carafes and teapots I found oxyclean makes them sparkle. Put about 1/2 scoop of oxyclean in the carafe or teapot, fill with hot water, let sit a few minutes, swish and rinse thoroughly and they sparkle.

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid. Haben Sie wirklich zu besitzen Ihre Ehe Kleidung von Ihrem Strand geträumt brautjungfernkleider günstig ? Der Strand Brautjungfer Kleidung ist wirklich eine Ehe Kleidung Besitz eines wirklich von Romantik und Eleganz spüren. Brautjunferkleid Die Trauung Kleidung ist super geeignet, um die Sommerzeit zu heizen, warmes und feuchtes Klima zu behandeln. Nachdenken über das Meer bietet extra mit der laid-back Luft, ist der Strand bestimmtes Ereignis Kleidung deutlich weniger formal.
Die die meisten Arten von Strand Hochzeit Kleidung sind Halfter, trägerlos Heimkehr Kleider , brautjungfernkleider online shop ein-Schulter-oder ärmellosen Kleidern Ehe. Da es Möglichkeiten, barfuß Spaziergang am Strand, billige Abendkleider sind die Braut trägt modische Flip Flops, Strand Sandalen oder Riemchen-Sandalen. rund um die Hochzeit, die Mutter mit der Braut Kleid würde zusätzliche Gelegenheits-und informelle, aber die Braut sollte in der Tat einzigartig erscheinen, attraktiv und schön in der Hochzeitszeremonie Bekleidung.
Strand Brautschmuck sind perfekte Design für Bräute. Abendkleidern Die Braut kann über einen Schneider kommen, kurzes brautkleider um sie Trauung Kleid zu erstellen, oder ausleihen Strand Hochzeit Kleid. A bis kommenden Hand Ehe Kleidung könnte einen Blick wert.
Strand Kleidung kommen kann, um nass oder sandig überall zu Fuß rund um den Strand. und auch Sie können wählen Sie die Zeitspanne von der Art sich zu kleiden abendkleider online shop gebrauchte abendkleider kaufen gebrauchte abendkleider kaufen, kurze oder lange. Was mehr ist, mag die Braut einem waschbaren Brautkleid. Erhalt vorbereitet für die einzelnen Hochzeit, sollten Sie sicherstellen, sich bewusst gehörenden inneren Weg der Trauung Feier Kleid.
Der Strand vor Hochzeitszeremonie Feier Kleidung nutzt weich und ausgedehnt weiß Baumwolle Material, kleid blumenkinder das mühelos fließt. Attributed im prinzipiellen Aufbau der Zartheit gehörenden Inneren Gestaltung der Trauung Feier Kleider, formale Abendkleid diese Kleidung sind von Hand genäht, brautkleid onlineshop brautkleid onlineshop online shop abendmode online shop abendmode von Hand gefertigt und von Hand umgelegt. Du brauchst nicht zu zögern, bardress bardress gleich um die Art des Ereignisses Kleid versuchen.
braut u abendmode

To remove coffee stains from inside a glass coffee pot, add 1 tablespoon water, 4 teaspoons salt, and 1 cup crushed ice. Gently swirl until it is clean, then rinse thoroughly. (Just make sure the coffee pot is at room temperature before cleaning.) Click through our slideshow to see other household tips.

To remove coffee stains from inside a glass coffee pot, add 1 tablespoon water, 4 teaspoons salt, and 1 cup crushed ice. Gently swirl until it is clean, then rinse thoroughly. (Just make sure the coffee pot is at room temperature before cleaning.) Click through our slideshow to see other household tips..
It is considered bad form to reply to dead topics. It makes us immediately think that you are a SPAMMER.... which is exactly what you are.

To remove coffee stains from inside a glass coffee pot, add 1 tablespoon water, 4 teaspoons salt, and 1 cup crushed ice. Gently swirl until it is clean, then rinse thoroughly. (Just make sure the coffee pot is at room temperature before cleaning.) Click through our slideshow to see other household tips..
It is considered bad form to reply to dead topics. It makes us immediately think that you are a SPAMMER.... which is exactly what you are.
I did not mark it as such because it stopped with the tip this time. Caught a few yesterday.

Back