Tips for Taking Pi ctures of Your Inn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[h1]Tips for Ta king Pictu res of Your Inn (link is here cut n paste) suiteexchange.com/2012/02/24/tips-for-taking-pictures/[/h1]
I may add this website as a resource, The CIO for Reznexxus wrote this Check it out and let me know:
SUI TE EXCHANGE – how to run an inn[/h1]
~ Articles and insights for innkeepers and lodging professionals[/h2]

Note to others: you'll need to scroll down a bit to get to the photography article.

Note to others: you'll need to scroll down a bit to get to the photography article..
The first link (tips) goes straight to the photography article; you only need to scroll down on the second link (suite exchange).

Thank you. It's just what I needed right now. I'm going to see what I can come up with!

Uh..did you all see this at the bottom??? HUH????
[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Air b n b provides you with a professional photographer to come to your property to do a photo shoot FREE, yep, that’s right, for free. You can see what they came up with on my web sites.[/COLOR]
briarwoodmanor.webs.com and briarwoodhome.webs.com

I have to say this person has nothing on Jumping Rocks. They are the Best!

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Air b n b provides you with a professional photographer to come to your property to do a photo shoot FREE, yep, that’s right, for free. You can see what they came up with on my web sites.[/COLOR]
briarwoodmanor.webs.com and briarwoodhome.webs.com.
I didn't see that but it is true. It's right on their website that they provide a prof photog.

catlady said:
briarwoodmanor.webs.com and briarwoodhome.webs.com
huh? stranger than strange

OK, there were no comments when I first read that article.

I have to say this person has nothing on Jumping Rocks. They are the Best!.
catlady said:
I felt the same. Jumping Rocks would have had some plants and flowers where these photos had empty space or empty containers, and the lighting could have been better. But the basic suggestions are good ones, and will help do-it-yourselfer innkeepers do a better job.

I have to say this person has nothing on Jumping Rocks. They are the Best!.
catlady said:
I felt the same. Jumping Rocks would have had some plants and flowers where these photos had empty space or empty containers, and the lighting could have been better. But the basic suggestions are good ones, and will help do-it-yourselfer innkeepers do a better job.
Arkansawyer said:
Jumping Rocks would have had some plants and flowers where these photos had empty space or empty containers, and the lighting could have been better. But the basic suggestions are good ones, and will help do-it-yourselfer innkeepers do a better job.
I agree, Arkansas, some good tips, some good shots, some not so good ones. Lighting seemed prettty bad in some, would recommend being careful in following their "all lights on" tip for lighting.

Jumping Rocks are the best, but probably because of that they are difficult to book. We had them scheduled last year and they bumped us. And we need our photos when the grapes are on the vine. So we are probably going to go with Lisa's photographyer from Acorn. She does beautiful work, and will keep her sheduled appointment.
Somer out of MD is another one we are considering. They do excellent work as well.
Riki

Yes, when I took my aspiring course, the innkeeper said it took him 2 years to get them to come to Eureka Springs, and there are like 70 B&Bs there. If they can't get to a place with that much business in one town, they're really busy and I assume expensive (and deservingly so).

Yes, when I took my aspiring course, the innkeeper said it took him 2 years to get them to come to Eureka Springs, and there are like 70 B&Bs there. If they can't get to a place with that much business in one town, they're really busy and I assume expensive (and deservingly so)..
Arkansawyer said:
Yes, when I took my aspiring course, the innkeeper said it took him 2 years to get them to come to Eureka Springs, and there are like 70 B&Bs there. If they can't get to a place with that much business in one town, they're really busy and I assume expensive (and deservingly so).
Yes but those of us who can't have them can sure follow their blog and helpful hints. I actually shared their blog with a budding photographer the other day. Nothing to do with innkeeping, but everything to do with taking photos without people being the main focus, and taking photos that convey a feeling or experience. This was what he was lacking in his photography, he had everything perfect except they lacked feeling.

Our photographer used a portable light (the metal kind) and placed it in spots I would never of thought of. We have a bed fairly close to a wall (think of walking between the wall and the bed to get into that side of the bed) and he placed the portable light on the floor between the wall and the bed. He also put one inside one of our big tubs because he was having trouble getting the right perspective to show the actual size of the tub.
You definitely need to be creative with lighting!

Back