Tired of Waiting!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of these yesterday 2pm on the form was getting a bit worried when at 8pm still not arrived so rang mobile left a message as we wanted to get to the super market. They came a few mins later with the confirimation in their hand saying 2pm! said oh I don't know why we filled that in as we were flying in and wouldn't be here any earlier..
Justifiable homicide, Camberley. If you smothered them in their beds and could get a true jury of your peers (i.e., other innkeepers), you'd absolutely be acquitted.
devil_smile.gif

But think of all the extra work and the posibility of having to purchase new linens!

Waited till 11 last night for folks that never showed up. Reservation was thru Expedia/BB.com and I was not provided with any contact info.
I also detest Fridays...waiting around all afternoon and evening! Love when the guests show up early. Our check in is supposed to be between 3-8, and most guests are considerate. I hate when they ask for early check in and don't show up till much, much later!! Oh, how I wish I had the chutzpah to charge for something like that!.
I so can relate to this waiting game-thought well maybe, I could put up preserves everytime I needed to wait-well that was a great thought but now I call around noon of the check-in date and say "this is a courtesy call, and was wondering your approximate check-in time, thus far it has proved to be a great time saver!
Welcome Queen! I've been a big supporter of the "courtesy call" in the past - glad to finally have someone agree.

Waited till 11 last night for folks that never showed up. Reservation was thru Expedia/BB.com and I was not provided with any contact info.
I also detest Fridays...waiting around all afternoon and evening! Love when the guests show up early. Our check in is supposed to be between 3-8, and most guests are considerate. I hate when they ask for early check in and don't show up till much, much later!! Oh, how I wish I had the chutzpah to charge for something like that!.
I so can relate to this waiting game-thought well maybe, I could put up preserves everytime I needed to wait-well that was a great thought but now I call around noon of the check-in date and say "this is a courtesy call, and was wondering your approximate check-in time, thus far it has proved to be a great time saver!
Welcome Queen! I've been a big supporter of the "courtesy call" in the past - glad to finally have someone agree.
Not sure where the "finally" comes from here, Suellen...I think lots of us do something similar. But I KNOW we all would appreciate more GUESTS giving a "courtesy call" when plans change.

Not sure where the "finally" comes from here, Suellen...I think lots of us do something similar. But I KNOW we all would appreciate more GUESTS giving a "courtesy call" when plans change.
In my memory there was a thread where the discussion was very similar to this one (tired of waiting) and I suggested giving a call either the day b4 or the day of just to ask if the guest knew about what time they would be arriving. I got the impression that most thought that was either a waste of their time or it took too much time to do that. I guess the ones that actually do that did not respond.
Yes, in a perfect world the guest would let us know when they plan on arriving and then let us know if/when their plans change. We all know that doesn't always work!
I am at a place right now that the check in time is between 4 and 6pm and wonder of wonders all 5 rooms were checked in by 6pm. I was amazed and plan on asking the owner how she gets them to do that - or did I just get lucky?!

Back