TMI

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
Do you find that guests share maybe a little too much about themselves? I listen to a lot of stories and I wonder why people tell me the things they do.

Yes I feel they do share too much sometimes. They come in and feel so comfortable and they start talking. Yesterday a guest was talking about his motorcycle accident and all that happened, then he told me all about his prostate and how he had cancer in there. It went on and on for about an hour.

Interestingly, it is sometimes the people who don't even look at you in the morning who are voluble at night!

Oh yes and it is things I don't want to know. I am sweet and smile but really want my phone to ring of something to get away. I really don't want to know about aliments and such.

Seems to be a trend this weekend. Everyone was great at check-in, but they became progressively more clingy to us and to each other as the weekend went on...and sharing TMI about family relationships, etc. No one wants to leave this morning. It's nice, I'm glad you liked it, but time to go now!!!!

Oh yes and it is things I don't want to know. I am sweet and smile but really want my phone to ring of something to get away. I really don't want to know about aliments and such..
It's more the relationship stuff and legal entanglements than the medical issues. Altho, we get a fair number of those as well. And then there's the divorced couple who came for their son's graduation- he came alone, she came with her new girlfriend. AWKWARD.

Oh yes and it is things I don't want to know. I am sweet and smile but really want my phone to ring of something to get away. I really don't want to know about aliments and such..
It's more the relationship stuff and legal entanglements than the medical issues. Altho, we get a fair number of those as well. And then there's the divorced couple who came for their son's graduation- he came alone, she came with her new girlfriend. AWKWARD.
Alibi Ike said:
AWKWARD I am sure!!!
whattha.gif

You wonder WHY would they all stay at the same place. I have had several divorced couples stay here, some even saying they plan to keep their distance. How is that possible? I sure as heck don't want any knock down drag out fights here, and so far very one has been fine - at least that I know!

Alibi Ike said:
Do you find that guests share maybe a little too much about themselves? I listen to a lot of stories and I wonder why people tell me the things they do.
whattha.gif

Back