To Hotel Guests, Sleep Is a Start

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“In my opinion, on a business trip you want that predictability,” Mr. Cohen said, mentioning that he often stays at Hilton Garden Inn and knows the brand’s signature pantry is open 24 hours, stocked with food, beverages and other items.
And they are willing to pay $2 for a candy bar and $4 for a soda at midnight. But they won't spend less money to stay at a B&B where it is all included.

“In my opinion, on a business trip you want that predictability,” Mr. Cohen said, mentioning that he often stays at Hilton Garden Inn and knows the brand’s signature pantry is open 24 hours, stocked with food, beverages and other items.
And they are willing to pay $2 for a candy bar and $4 for a soda at midnight. But they won't spend less money to stay at a B&B where it is all included..
Because he wants predictability. You can't tell what you are going to get at a B&B, is it included or not, etc.
Other side of the coin, there are people who don't want predictability in that way. They want to be delighted. That's why they come to you.

As someone who did a lot of business travel I have to agree, predictability is the key benefit. Price is not that important. Of course if questioned you have to be able to tell the "bookkeeper" that it is a 3 or 4 star hotel and medium price range for the location. Costs of granola bars, wifi, parking etc come under a different heading, no one cares.....
Igenral I had no time or interest to find out what a B&B is offering - unless you go to the same destination more often, That is the niche for B&B's, in my opinion.

Back