To paint or not to paint...that is the question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We lost our yard help and because of that, our yards do not look as good as they could even though it's Winter. But I think we're alwyas more critical than the guests. There are just not enough hours in the day.........
We do everything ourselves unless it's a job that would be better suited to a licensed professional (electrical work). I got an estimate for our 2 story stairway and almost collapsed. We figured out how to do it ourselves. :) We stay closed when doing bigger maintenance projects or very deep cleaning so as not to impact the guests..
Samster said:
I got an estimate for our 2 story stairway and almost collapsed. We figured out how to do it ourselves. :)
I know what you mean! My daughter bought a foreclosed home so we've been helping them fix it up to move into. We had painting quotes to paint the entire inside, including trim and it was just under $5,000 for a 1600 sq ft home! Needless to say we all ended up painting ourselves!
GeorgiaGirl said:
we all ended up painting ourselves!
What color did you turn out?
tounge_smile.gif

We just did a light beige and their 3yr old now has a blue bedroom (His favorite color!). Besides the blue the whole house is the same color.

Back