to the shiny kneed lady

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
thank you for your kind thoughts ... you know who you are.
as i come in here and post silly things, or commiserate about difficult guests and broken toilets or stained towels, i make light of it all.
but, i'm really heart broken.
today is my last day for guests .... 3 rooms tonite and that's it.
i'm trying to look forward and not back.
thanks again.
~m

G-d bless you in whatever you do! We are always here for you. You made a difference in this business!
(From JBJ, not the shiny kneed lady)
regular_smile.gif

We are all thinking of you and want only the best for you. It is TIME TO MOVE ON to better and brighter days ahead. All best wishes.

GOOD LUCK in whatever you decide to do! Is your partner going to be there to close up the place or will you just lock your keys inside?
God Bless!
heart.gif

Karen

Knock their socks off with breakfast! OR, conversely, sleep in! Don't forget to stop in here.
Even tho this drives me crazy when my mother says it to me, 'You're one tough cookie. You'll land on your feet no matter what. I don't worry about you.'

Best wishes Seashanty. Don't forget to take your laptop with you so you can stay connected here. As always, let us know if there is anything we can do to be of help or comfort. If you are passing this way, let kwirt and me know.

I know that you are in an emotional whirlwind. You've invested so much of yourself in the place and your guests. But your next adventure will be even better! Hang in there
regular_smile.gif
You know that you have innkeepers to visit from this forum wherever your travels take you. All the best!
heart.gif

oh my, i'm embarrassed ...
embaressed_smile.gif
i meant to make that post an email to kathleen, not a post.
not meaning to be a downer here.
well, thank you all!
and you'll likely have to kick me out to get me to leave here!

oh my, i'm embarrassed ...
embaressed_smile.gif
i meant to make that post an email to kathleen, not a post.
not meaning to be a downer here.
well, thank you all!
and you'll likely have to kick me out to get me to leave here!.
Do not consider it a downer. It is an upper. Yes, you enjoyed being an innkeeper, but look with excitement to the next phase of your life! There should be a feeling of excitement that a new adventure is about to start. Embrace it with joy - because you are a joyful person!

Seashanty - As you write the final words of this chapter in your life, find comfort in knowing that the full pages of that chapter were once blank pages waiting to be written. That chapter was well written and so will the next. May those pages be filled with sun shinny days and happy times and may you reflect on this chapter fondly with the many lives you touched and were touched by.
Please stay in touch here as your insight to topics is enlighting. You are always welcome here if you venture south for a visit.

SS honestly, get your map out and a big red pen. Mark and X on all of our B&B's and draw lines connecting them on your B&B roadtrip. We are INVITING YOU, we're not just talkin', we love ya![/h3]

SS honestly, get your map out and a big red pen. Mark and X on all of our B&B's and draw lines connecting them on your B&B roadtrip. We are INVITING YOU, we're not just talkin', we love ya![/h3].
I agree and you can stop here too...anytime you are in this part of VA... you are always welcome!

ROAD TRIP!!!![/h3]Get moving and come see all of us!!!
Hooray on your last day! You're going to land somewhere awesome!
And condolences on your last day, too.... you did such a marvelous job there. Wow, what a difference from when you first started posting and the place was in shambles!
Please, please, please come see us!
And in case it's not clear, some stay here FREE.
=)
Kk.

SS,
It was the Random Acts Lady - I just found out - I wish I could take the credit. It was a prayer shawl in an envelope.

I know I haven't been here that long, but you really have made an impression on me. Your warmth, caring and humor shine thru quite clearly over cyberspace. I really do wish you good luck, warm wishes and many blessings.
I also, selfishly, hope that you remain an active part of this forum once you're gone from your current position. You will be missed.
I don't own an inn, but if you make it to Socks' place, I'd love to drive up there and meet you. You are a wealth of information.

SS honestly, get your map out and a big red pen. Mark and X on all of our B&B's and draw lines connecting them on your B&B roadtrip. We are INVITING YOU, we're not just talkin', we love ya![/h3].
Put an X on my bed nad breakfast and count me in. We live in central Indiana. We would love it if you came.
sandynn

I know we're sort of out of the way on a course across the country, but don't forget MIAMI!!!!
Best Wishes!!
Ang

Best of luck from all of us Canadian forum innkeepers as well.
We know you will do well. I hope you will be able to win a lottery buy an inn wherever you want.
We'll be praying for you.

Hi Seashanty -- I truly, truly believe that everything happens for a reason. I and alot of other people are proof of that.
This door is cloing, but there is another one opening. Just keep your heart and eyes open, and your ears tuned.

Good Luck Seashanty!
Thank you for your touching, heartfelt stories of your innkeeping experiences!
SherryCa

Back