To whoever posted the key lime pie pancake recipe

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukmaineiac

Reaction score
FANTASTIC
Made it today (with a few modifications ..... it's just what I do).
Put half the cocount milk in the pancake batter mix. Added ginger to the coconut lime sauce.
Pancakes spread A LOT which was great - they ended up almost crepe-like and cooked super fast.
Saved much of the zest from the limes to decorate the rim of the plate because everything otherwise is very white on white.
Looked beautiful. Guests loved them.
On another kitchen related topic. Made frittata yesterday and because we had some left over raddichio (I know that's not the right spelling) made a "flower" in the middle of the plate. I guess I'm getting better at presentation. I've had at least one table photograph my food everyday for 10 days now.

Glad you liked the recipe. I made the syrup but I put the lime zest into the pancakes. I skipped the streusel part. I've served it a few times already and it seems to be quite popular. Doesn't taste as well when you don't use the syrup. But it's a nice fresh change.
You can use plain limes, they just aren't as sweet as key limes. And of course, they are bigger, so cut down on the amount of limes you use in the syrup.

Do you think regular limes would work, or does it need to be Key Limes?.
I'm sure key limes would be fabulous but I used a mixture of regular limes (actually just one lime) and marguerita mix. This can now be one of those recipes that I always have the ingredients in the pantry, ready to go.

Glad you liked the recipe. I made the syrup but I put the lime zest into the pancakes. I skipped the streusel part. I've served it a few times already and it seems to be quite popular. Doesn't taste as well when you don't use the syrup. But it's a nice fresh change.
You can use plain limes, they just aren't as sweet as key limes. And of course, they are bigger, so cut down on the amount of limes you use in the syrup..
Ahhh - I should have remembered it was you. Thanks so much for the recipe. Like you, I didn't worry about the streusal and moved the lime / coconut elements between pancake and syrup as I thought appropriate.

You can use plain limes, they just aren't as sweet as key limes. And of course, they are bigger, so cut down on the amount of limes you use in the syrup..
Ahhh - I should have remembered it was you. Thanks so much for the recipe. Like you, I didn't worry about the streusal and moved the lime / coconut elements between pancake and syrup as I thought appropriate.
The Tipsy Butler said:
Hey, what ever works.
I really really need to get some Ultratex3. Could make that syrup into a beautiful coulis. It is just so nice, refreshing and simple. (And a heck of a lot cheaper than maple syrup)

The Tipsy Butler said:
Hey, what ever works.
I really really need to get some Ultratex3. Could make that syrup into a beautiful coulis. It is just so nice, refreshing and simple. (And a heck of a lot cheaper than maple syrup)
Gotta say I'm intrigued by the whole molecular gastonomy thing. Seems like an interesting way to make the everyday into something "special". Maybe I'll experiment during the off-season. I especially like the look of those pearls / bubbles.

The Tipsy Butler said:
Hey, what ever works.
Gotta say I'm intrigued by the whole molecular gastonomy thing. Seems like an interesting way to make the everyday into something "special". Maybe I'll experiment during the off-season. I especially like the look of those pearls / bubbles.
I'm tempted too. But I'm a little scared of spherification. Ultratex3 and tapioca maltodextrin seem more simple to me.

Back