Today’s minor annoyance.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Rainy and gloomy here. Seven more days of innkeeping till vacation. My patience is thin. 😂.

One guy, the other day had all the following questions, “where are the coffee cups?” (Right by the Kurige machine.). “Can I get a bottle of water?” (There are two in your room.). “How do we get breakfast?” ( you go to the “breakfast room” that you walked past in order to ask me this and you serve yourself from any of the 9 platters and bowls set out for you.). “Do you have any eggs?” (Not today. Today is pancake day as you can see if you look at the 9 platters available or read the chalkboard menu on the wall, or the paper menu on the wall or the one in the information book in your room.). “Can I get a banana?” ( they are in the basket on the table you just walked by in order to ring my bell to ask me this.).

Obviously, most of the answers were only in my head. 🤪🤪

You get those guests occasionally. Oblivious and unable to fend for themselves. As an amateur psychoanalyst (10 years of innkeeping gets you a degree, I think) I would posit that such people have deep-seated needs for attention and nurture.

You get those guests occasionally. Oblivious and unable to fend for themselves. As an amateur psychoanalyst (10 years of innkeeping gets you a degree, I think) I would posit that such people have deep-seated needs for attention and nurture.
Or they are too effing lazy to read anything and need it all spoon fed to them.... like some politicians

Back