Today’s story (subtitled, I guess I’ve given my last #*@#)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeachHouse

Reaction score
Woman very happy at the door About 5 pm. Checking in - gave a name that didn’t appear on our reservations. She checks her res confirm and says, “ The Beach House, Chatham, Mass, right.” No, we are The Beach House, Rockport Mass. Wrong Cape. I offered to help her find a room in our town and she said, no, we have a wedding tomorrow! Out the door and off on her extra three hour drive.
I found I didn’t worry about her at all. I guess I’ve learned not everything is my problem to solve.

Another one who didn't read. I send detailed, customized turn-by-turn directions depending on the room they rent, because not all my rooms are at the same street address, though they are all in the same building (the building has 6 exterior doors, each with its own address).

Occasionally I have people show up at the mailing address listed on the website, and they can't understand why the door won't open. The answers were all sent to them, but they just won't read.

Last edited:
Back