Today may be the day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcam

Reaction score
For those of you that don't know we have been trying to buy the next door property for about 2 years now
offered to PO rejected, next day bank made proceedings to take it off her, dragged through magistrates court (ie local court), our offer was accepted by the receiver as was supposed to be a decision, then magistrate said too complicated for us has to go to crown court (in magistrates court the decision is made by the judge crown by a jury) , crown court date was supposed to be 2nd of Feb but then PO decided to take the deal he receiver offered 6 months earlier which was a really good deal - then PO dragged 2 weeks for getting personal stuff out (has other properties) then 2-3 weeks for decorating and carpet to "help the sale" more time wasting - then day before handing the keys in got every estate agent in town round to view and told receiver if he didn't accept massibly inflated price then she would sue for underselling so receiver then had to build a defence case against this ie lots of viewings and no offers even close - then receiver without any notice decided on monday its last, best and final offers for Friday 12pm today which we were only told about tuesday night due to email from estate agent going into spam - so mad scramble for financials again - so offer is in and we may know as soon as by the end of the day if we have it - wish me luck!

its basically a nightmare because if we don't get it it will become flats which will mean at least a year of a massive building site next to us at the very best case scenario, or it may be an House of multiple occupancy which means 4 bedrooms share a kitchen and bathroom on a long term basis - these are popping up all over in my town due in fairness to demand for cheapish housing (£450 a month to rent a room) but it always means mess, noise, rubbish, and general anti social behaviour which will also adversely affect my business and property price though they need planning for this so I will fight them to the boards if it looks like its going that way. It is even more aggravating as we have turned down various other golden opportunities in the 18 months in the hope of this so if we don't get it its a double kick as none of those can be gone back to - it may even be the case that we look at moving locations to buy something bigger but that's for another day.

Amazing the 'magical thinking' of the POs. (Shakes head in wonderment)
we went through a similar but not nearly so complicated purchase a few years ago. In this case the seller was actually going to get paid a few thousand through a state program. The bank accepted our offer, but the seller still dragged feet until realizing there was a deadline on being able to get the money.
I am currently removing the detritus from the tenants from hell, but that is another story.
Sounds like the end is in sight. Best wishes.

Amazing the 'magical thinking' of the POs. (Shakes head in wonderment)
we went through a similar but not nearly so complicated purchase a few years ago. In this case the seller was actually going to get paid a few thousand through a state program. The bank accepted our offer, but the seller still dragged feet until realizing there was a deadline on being able to get the money.
I am currently removing the detritus from the tenants from hell, but that is another story.
Sounds like the end is in sight. Best wishes..
I know here logic its get a good sale on next door and she won't have to sell the other property on the mortgage - she will anyway there is no chance, plus every month it goes on she has to pay interest on the loan on a vacant property which is making no money which is £4000 a month - plus interest on interest - she must have paid about £70,000 interest since this all started plus £50,000 in legal fees all of which is dead money!

Good luck! It's amazing sometimes how we'll throw good money after bad just because we've heard there's more money to be made doing something different.

Good luck! It's amazing sometimes how we'll throw good money after bad just because we've heard there's more money to be made doing something different..
plus she has the devil's own there is always someone daft enough to bail her out

So did you get it?!? I hope so! Best wishes!.
still waiting - estate agent texted us to say the receiver is thinking about all the offers etc but we don't know if we are the highest offer as was with 2 estate agents (we are highest with the one we have the relationship with but he doesn't know what the other has) plus the receiver may turn them all down - plus its a national holiday on monday so we probably won't hear till tue at the earliest - estate agent has asked receiver to say when the final decision will be made but we don't even have that yet! but feels a weight off as at this point we either get it, don't get it or it trundles on - non of which we can control.

Now thursday not a scrap of news - receiver won't even say when he will make a decision about what he is going to do buy when ie by the 15th or whatever - mega frustrating

Now thursday not a scrap of news - receiver won't even say when he will make a decision about what he is going to do buy when ie by the 15th or whatever - mega frustrating.
gotta be driving you nuts. fingers crossed!

Now thursday not a scrap of news - receiver won't even say when he will make a decision about what he is going to do buy when ie by the 15th or whatever - mega frustrating.
Doesn't he know that the whole world of Innkeepers are waiting on him to make up his mind!
shades_smile.gif

Doesn't he know that the whole world of Innkeepers are waiting on him to make up his mind!
shades_smile.gif

Don't know why he's taking so long I know my own mind - its (1) its enough money and takes the highest offer who's ever it is or (2) it goes back on the market as none are high enough - how difficult can it be?

Back