Todays InnStyle - Scare tactic or frighteningly accurate?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
Of course their goal is sell product, but I was wondering if anyone here has had to battle this hidden foe?
What did you do to address the problem....or....what is your routine for prevention? Inquiring minds want to know.
[tr] [tr] [tr]
11.jpg

[/td] [/tr] [/table][/td] [/tr] [tr] [tr] [tr] [COLOR= rgb(153, 102, 0)]InnStyle
Your #1 Provider of Customer Service and Hospitality Products to Inns and Bed & Breakfasts throughout the country![/COLOR]

[/td] [/tr] [/table][/td] [/tr] [tr] [tr] JUly 28, 2009 [/td] [/tr] [/table][/td] [/tr] [tr] [tr] [COLOR= rgb(255, 255, 255)]Dear InnStyle Customers,
A recent July article in the New York Times once again addressed the traumatic comeback of BED BUGS[/COLOR] throughout the nation. If you never experienced bed bugs at your Inn or B&B, you are either very pro-active or very fortunate. A typical family afflicted with bed bugs will spend an average of $5,000 or more for costs associated with removal of bed bugs. Landlords of large apartment buildings have been known to spend as much as $80,000 to get rid of these pests. What you would suffer in loss of business and eradication treatment if your property became infested, is probably a cost you are not prepared to pay.

[/td] [/tr] [/table] [tr]
60.jpg
61.jpg

[/td] [/tr] [tr]
59.jpg

[/td] [/tr] [tr] Bed bug experts agree that you must encase your mattress and box spring [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]with a durable, leak-proof cover with a secure zipper enclosure[/COLOR].
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Stretch Knit[/COLOR] mattress and box spring encasements are durable (lifetime warranty), waterproof, bed bug proof and have a hidden zipper enclosure. We have these available at a 10% discount through July 31st. Even without the 10% price reduction, our prices for Stretch Knit are much lower than comparable products. For extra protection, we have Rest Easy, an eco-friendly all natural bed bug spray killer also at a 10% discount through the end of this month. You can view these products by clicking on this link to our website's Bed Bug Protection Products

[/td] [/tr] Please call us at 800-877-4667 to speak with an [COLOR= rgb(153, 0, 0)]InnStyle[/COLOR] sales rep who can assist with your questions. Hopefully you will never encounter bed bugs, but if you do, being proactive will certainly reduce the extent of your liability and expenses associated with this menace.
[/td] [/tr]
With our best regards,
The Staff of InnStyle
[/td] [/tr] [/table][/td] [/tr] [tr] [/td] [/tr] [tr] [tr]
InnStyle
800-877-4667
[email protected]

[/td] [/tr] [tr] [/td] [/tr] [/table][/td] [/tr] [/table][/td] [/tr] [tr] [/td] [/tr] [/table][/td] [/tr] [/table]
[tr] [td] [/td] [/tr] [/table]
on.jsp

"If you never experienced bed bugs at your Inn or B&B, you are either very pro-active or very fortunate".
I have never heard of a B&B having bedbugs....so I personally think this line is a bunch of hooey. Anyone else know of a B&B Inn that has had them?

"If you never experienced bed bugs at your Inn or B&B, you are either very pro-active or very fortunate".
I have never heard of a B&B having bedbugs....so I personally think this line is a bunch of hooey. Anyone else know of a B&B Inn that has had them?.
Again...this is just a scare tactic. I would think B & B's in large cities might have some though like you I have never heard of any one specific..though...WHO WOULD TELL YOU????
Putting covers on mattresses and box springs is a good idea..I have them on mine....always have..just to give more protection for my mattresses

I have never heard of a B&B having bedbugs....so I personally think this line is a bunch of hooey. Anyone else know of a B&B Inn that has had them?.
Again...this is just a scare tactic. I would think B & B's in large cities might have some though like you I have never heard of any one specific..though...WHO WOULD TELL YOU????
Putting covers on mattresses and box springs is a good idea..I have them on mine....always have..just to give more protection for my mattresses
catlady said:
lol! yes, exactly. I have covers too and wash them often. According to the article, they are like fleas and live in the surrounding environment in addition to just the mattress and box springs.
The whole idea gives me the willies.

catlady said:
lol! yes, exactly. I have covers too and wash them often. According to the article, they are like fleas and live in the surrounding environment in addition to just the mattress and box springs.
The whole idea gives me the willies.
We have discussed this here many times...I had a previous link to a fact sheet on bedbugs. Here it is again to save you a search. And yes, they are on the rise here in the U.S. Not much you can do about them other than clean.. S

Little Blue said:
I have never heard of a B&B having bedbugs....so I personally think this line is a bunch of hooey. Anyone else know of a B&B Inn that has had them?
I have only heard from ONE B&B who has had these. She is somewhere around Cape Cod I believe, and the reason she got them is she had pilots staying with her on a regular basis and they must have come in their suitcases. This is the only case I've seen.
I plan to sometime in the future getting them, but am waiting to see if they come down in price.
They are trying to use scare tactics which I resent and will not purchase from them again. I rarely do anyway since they are so expensive. You can do better on Overstock.com
RIki

Little Blue said:
I have only heard from ONE B&B who has had these. She is somewhere around Cape Cod I believe, and the reason she got them is she had pilots staying with her on a regular basis and they must have come in their suitcases. This is the only case I've seen.
I plan to sometime in the future getting them, but am waiting to see if they come down in price.
They are trying to use scare tactics which I resent and will not purchase from them again. I rarely do anyway since they are so expensive. You can do better on Overstock.com
RIki
I have never heard of a B&B having bedbugs...
I have only heard from ONE B&B who has had these....and the reason she got them is she had pilots staying with her on a regular basis and they must have come in their suitcases. This is the only case I've seen.
OK Riki, I know you didn't mean this the way it sounds, but I had a good laugh about you waiting to get the bed bugs once they came down in price!

Little Blue said:
RIki
I have only heard from ONE B&B who has had these....and the reason she got them is she had pilots staying with her on a regular basis and they must have come in their suitcases. This is the only case I've seen.
OK Riki, I know you didn't mean this the way it sounds, but I had a good laugh about you waiting to get the bed bugs once they came down in price!
Bree said:
Hee Hee that's what comes from typing too fast!!!!! But truly I am appalled at this sales tactic, and I just emailed them so. How they can state that we are all "just fortunate" that we have not been infested is shameful.
RIki

Little Blue said:
RIki
I agree. YOu can get mattress covers etc cheaper other places. It doesn't have to be at InnStyle. I knew what you meant:)
And, bedbugs as the factsheet and others have said..don't necessarily have to come from the bed..just that if they are present..they probably will be there as well.

Little Blue said:
RIki
Bree said:
Hee Hee that's what comes from typing too fast!!!!! But truly I am appalled at this sales tactic, and I just emailed them so. How they can state that we are all "just fortunate" that we have not been infested is shameful.
RIki
egoodell said:
Bree said:
I just emailed them so. How they can state that we are all "just fortunate" that we have not been infested is shameful.
RIki
Good for you. I'm glad you did.

Back