Today's tally

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't understand the soaking of the bed. like wrapping up one's self in soaking towels and lying on the bed? that is really weird.
i'm sorry!

Yes, we get them too. They are quite easy to treat... at least you know what it is!!!!

Maybe it's because we get way more girlfriends traveling together than romantic getaways. I know if I was planning a romantic getaway, I'd have my calendar in hand before I made a rez. (OK, not now. Now I can go whenever I want! One perk anyway.
wink_smile.gif
).
We get them here, too. Not every day but at least once a month (not an intentional joke). They do actually tend to happen more when it's a group of women, but I probably don't get those groups as much as you do since we mostly have queen beds. I get more on pillowcases and hand towels - bloody drooling and shaving cuts, I guess. I figure when I have this many rooms and this many people, a high percentage of them under 50 years of age and mostly couples, it's going to happen. I've never lost any linens to it - blood is one of the easier things to get out. I much prefer those spots to the peroxide cleanser and greasy hair gel that actually ruins stuff.
We seem to get a lot of bloody noses here...lots of pillowcases needing bleach.

You are charging them for the damages aren't you? That extends a little beyond "the cost of doing business".

You are charging them for the damages aren't you? That extends a little beyond "the cost of doing business"..
Proud Texan said:
You are charging them for the damages aren't you? That extends a little beyond "the cost of doing business".
Everything was repairable. The one thing I might not be able to save is the bedskirt. That 'looked' like a complete accident. But, no one mentioned it and it was very obvious.

You are charging them for the damages aren't you? That extends a little beyond "the cost of doing business"..
Proud Texan said:
Everything was repairable. The one thing I might not be able to save is the bedskirt. That 'looked' like a complete accident. But, no one mentioned it and it was very obvious.
your policy is your policy obviously, but we have a deep cleaning charge, that we rarely use, but have on several occasions. If the linen or anything else needs special attention for various reasons aforementioned here, we do not hesitate to apply this charge to the card. Of course each guest is made aware of this and it is part of our check-in registration form. I never consider damge or any sort under "cost of doing business" I have nose bleeds all the time, but use tissue, not my pillow or sheets to stop it.

Proud Texan said:
your policy is your policy obviously, but we have a deep cleaning charge, that we rarely use, but have on several occasions. If the linen or anything else needs special attention for various reasons aforementioned here, we do not hesitate to apply this charge to the card. Of course each guest is made aware of this and it is part of our check-in registration form. I never consider damge or any sort under "cost of doing business" I have nose bleeds all the time, but use tissue, not my pillow or sheets to stop it.
I might as well just tack on a surcharge then. Almost everyone leaves a little of themselves behind that requires pretreating. Coffee spills on the carpet, all sorts of added bonus stuff.

Proud Texan said:
I might as well just tack on a surcharge then. Almost everyone leaves a little of themselves behind that requires pretreating. Coffee spills on the carpet, all sorts of added bonus stuff.
Same here. Most rooms have some sort of stain. Today we had PURPLE all over white sheets & what looked like betadine all over the mini-fridge. They did tell me, however (most don't, as you know). It was from aloe. They were using it for sunburn & kept some in the fridge. Made a terrible mess, tho, & had to pretreat everything & then spot treat with bleach. Took an extra 20 min. or so addressing the stains..
So sorry to hear about your day full of damages BTW. Feel your pain.

We wrestled with oily stains on some colored sheets this summer. No amount of pre-treatment worked to remove them. We ended up taking them to the dry cleaners. It worked! It's a little expensive, but definitely cheaper than having to replace the sheets.
We had a burgundy colored pillowcase that was bleached by someone using acne medicine on their face. It had to be tossed. Now we can't find a replacement to match. Now we get to be creative in setting the bed. Oh joy.

It must be the latest 'thing'. Again today we went to strip a room that had a soaking mattress pad. Pretty much wet the full length of a standard-sized adult. Pillow wet, too. I'm guessing they shower, don't dry off and just hop into bed. But it would have to be in the morning or they slept in that wet bed all night.

It must be the latest 'thing'. Again today we went to strip a room that had a soaking mattress pad. Pretty much wet the full length of a standard-sized adult. Pillow wet, too. I'm guessing they shower, don't dry off and just hop into bed. But it would have to be in the morning or they slept in that wet bed all night..
Could be night sweats. I have heard that they are awful - and soggy.

It must be the latest 'thing'. Again today we went to strip a room that had a soaking mattress pad. Pretty much wet the full length of a standard-sized adult. Pillow wet, too. I'm guessing they shower, don't dry off and just hop into bed. But it would have to be in the morning or they slept in that wet bed all night..
Could be. Right age. Just odd that it was 2 weeks in a row and never before. And that's our target mkt...that age group.

Could be. Right age. Just odd that it was 2 weeks in a row and never before. And that's our target mkt...that age group.
Morticia said:
OK.........what age group ?...........male, female ?

Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
You don't get out much, do you?
wink_smile.gif
Female, 50+, give or take. Menopausal night sweats are a bear.

Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
You know, I'll bet that's what happened to a set of sheets we found one morning. They were so bad there is an entire forum topic addressing them. After every cleaning recommendation given by the folks here, we ended up taking them to the dry cleaners. That worked. Whatever they use will remove the nastiest of bodily fluids.

Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
Not just women. My step-dad had congestive heart failure among other things. I do not know what caused it, but Mom spoke of him having night sweats.

Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
LOL........yeah........I suppose
I had thought this pertained to women.........however........I've had night sweats in the past......some times still do......pillow is damp, bottom sheet is damp around the chest area.
I haven't slept under cover for 20 years that I can remember. Occassionaly during the winter.....it's a constant battle, my turning down the heat. Others turning it up.

Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
I had thought this pertained to women.........however........I've had night sweats in the past......some times still do......pillow is damp, bottom sheet is damp around the chest area.
I haven't slept under cover for 20 years that I can remember. Occassionaly during the winter.....it's a constant battle, my turning down the heat. Others turning it up.
One Day wrote: I haven't slept under cover for 20 years that I can remember. Occassionaly during the winter.....it's a constant battle, my turning down the heat. Others turning it up.What about placing a small (desk top size) fans near your side of the bed. Some of our guests do this and seem a little embarrassed when bringing it in and tell us 'I'm always hot, (s)he's always cold' fan takes care of the problem.

yeah, yeah, yeah............I have a ceiling fan
What I have decided to do..........buy portable heaters for their bedroom
I recall way back when.........they paid the bills.......A/C was turned off.....heat down to almost off and lights turned off, even when you are in the room..........................they have not paid the bills for some time so they think it's free or something.
I am realy gettin tired of this situation

Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
Morticia said:
One Day said:
Morticia said:
wink_smile.gif
One Day wrote: I haven't slept under cover for 20 years that I can remember. Occassionaly during the winter.....it's a constant battle, my turning down the heat. Others turning it up.What about placing a small (desk top size) fans near your side of the bed. Some of our guests do this and seem a little embarrassed when bringing it in and tell us 'I'm always hot, (s)he's always cold' fan takes care of the problem.
We had and still have...fans in each guest room closet. So many commented how wonderful it was to have that. Even though the house is air conditioned...white noise also.
so have you heard the latest? 1 out of 4 couples now sleeps in separate bedrooms...not because they aren't in love with their spouse any longer..but that one of them either snores, is a light sleeper and just want to get a good nights sleep.
kiss.gif

Back