Today's tally

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Everyone loved their stay, everything was perfect. Yay!
Go to the rooms...
  • broken shower door
  • broken light bulb
  • light fixture in closet on floor
  • 2 sets of sheets bloodied
  • 2 mattress pads ditto
  • 1 mattress off the bed- figured out why when I realized it was soaking wet- they were trying to hide it
OK, now to clean the other 2 rooms...

OH no....wet with water or something else???? Will this turn out to be another "bill 'em for a new mattress fiasco??? I hope not!!!

omg! Sorry to hear about all of that....
sad_smile.gif

Let's continue...
  • torn bedskirt (looks like they caught a suitcase in it)- I can't repair it now so it is, I shudder to say, taped on the backside to hold it together until I can get it off the bed, sew it up and get it back on.
  • torn wallpaper- looks like someone found a little corner loose and just pulled.
These are 5 different rooms today. What the heck went on in those rooms last night?
I had to replace the pillows on the bed with the wet mattress pad as they were wet, too. At first I thought someone had just lain down with a wet head because the pillow case was stained. No, the mattress pad was soaked. Luckily, after the last fiasco we covered all the mattresses with 'plastic' sheets.
Gomez fixed the shower door. Luckily as we had guests in that room tonight and I got an 'out of office' message when I emailed their confirmation and it's an international phone call to get in touch with them.
OK, I'm in the midst of 10 loads of laundry, most of which is still on the kitchen floor.

Oh My! It is unbelievable... really all this in one night, 5 different rooms!!! - I know this sounds like I don't believe you - I DO, really!!!
As far as the wet matress & pillows - make sure you clean everything well with disinfectant. I will not describe this here but some kinky bedroom acts could have taken place. It may not be water is all I am saying....

Good grief! Hope you can get all that extra stuff done in the time you have...what a pain!

what annoyes me most is the ones that try to hide it! do they actually think you arn't going to notice? the wallper thing happened to me to it can mean re doing the whole room just cos someone couldn't leave well enough alone GRRR

Oh My! It is unbelievable... really all this in one night, 5 different rooms!!! - I know this sounds like I don't believe you - I DO, really!!!
As far as the wet matress & pillows - make sure you clean everything well with disinfectant. I will not describe this here but some kinky bedroom acts could have taken place. It may not be water is all I am saying.....
I'm giggling here because the offenders were a grandma-mom-daughter getaway.

Good grief! Hope you can get all that extra stuff done in the time you have...what a pain!.
Rupert said:
Good grief! Hope you can get all that extra stuff done in the time you have...what a pain!
I just put the 8th load in the washer. I still have to do the 3 mattress pads.
I'm behind today already because of going out yesterday for 3 stinkin' hours with my aunt who I haven't seen in 8 years. This is why we tell family to NOT come here in season.

As far as the wet matress & pillows - make sure you clean everything well with disinfectant. I will not describe this here but some kinky bedroom acts could have taken place. It may not be water is all I am saying.....
I'm giggling here because the offenders were a grandma-mom-daughter getaway.
They faked you out!!! LOL
Glad you got a chuckle out of it and glad THAT would not be the reason for the wet matress.

Good grief! Hope you can get all that extra stuff done in the time you have...what a pain!.
Rupert said:
I'm behind today already because of going out yesterday for 3 stinkin' hours with my aunt who I haven't seen in 8 years. This is why we tell family to NOT come here in season.
confused_smile.gif
That stinks, then you feel like you're behind for the whole next day, too. It amazes me what people think you won't notice...like wallpaper peeling!!!

Rupert said:
confused_smile.gif
That stinks, then you feel like you're behind for the whole next day, too. It amazes me what people think you won't notice...like wallpaper peeling!!!
I've got 3 more loads, all the big stuff now. I'll probably get one more in tonight while everyone is at dinner. But, all the sheets are done! Everything has been repaired except the wallpaper. I'm hoping the next guests don't notice it. It's under the window.

Question......
In this damage description......
Do you find that the damage......shower door eskew.....the wet bedding.....and the like.............Is this usualy older folks?..........ones needing to grab onto and hold something so they don't fall......forgetting to wear their depends?
The bloodied sheets........is this common?.........I've traveled with women.....never was this an issue.

Question......
In this damage description......
Do you find that the damage......shower door eskew.....the wet bedding.....and the like.............Is this usualy older folks?..........ones needing to grab onto and hold something so they don't fall......forgetting to wear their depends?
The bloodied sheets........is this common?.........I've traveled with women.....never was this an issue..
The shower door was a young couple. The wet bedding I don't know who slept in that bed. The bloodied bedding is very common. Almost everyone here last night was a mom-daughter getaway.

I have not have bloodied sheets either in our 7th year here.
Some more information ...but I have had blood on the pillowcases here and this goes along with the toe nail clippings. Maybe I will make this a GUESS WHY post...GUESS WHY?

Maybe it's because we get way more girlfriends traveling together than romantic getaways. I know if I was planning a romantic getaway, I'd have my calendar in hand before I made a rez. (OK, not now. Now I can go whenever I want! One perk anyway.
wink_smile.gif
)

Maybe it's because we get way more girlfriends traveling together than romantic getaways. I know if I was planning a romantic getaway, I'd have my calendar in hand before I made a rez. (OK, not now. Now I can go whenever I want! One perk anyway.
wink_smile.gif
).
We get them here, too. Not every day but at least once a month (not an intentional joke). They do actually tend to happen more when it's a group of women, but I probably don't get those groups as much as you do since we mostly have queen beds. I get more on pillowcases and hand towels - bloody drooling and shaving cuts, I guess. I figure when I have this many rooms and this many people, a high percentage of them under 50 years of age and mostly couples, it's going to happen. I've never lost any linens to it - blood is one of the easier things to get out. I much prefer those spots to the peroxide cleanser and greasy hair gel that actually ruins stuff.

I have not have bloodied sheets either in our 7th year here.
Some more information ...but I have had blood on the pillowcases here and this goes along with the toe nail clippings. Maybe I will make this a GUESS WHY post...GUESS WHY?.
I had bloody sheets from a guest who lived in the country, recuperating here after out patient surgery. They paid for the sheets.
Sometimes there was blood on pillowcases that looked like a nosebleed. I didn't want to go anywhere else on that one.
whattha.gif

Back