Toilet Paper Guest

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
it seems there are certain guests who just have to take stuff and you think, am i imagining this? or didn't we have some extra tp stashed in the cupboard upstairs in the hallway?
i took in a last minute guest who said she had a reservation nearby and there was no one at the place when she arrived. showed me the letter from him, yup, that's my buddy, and he is away. well ... she dragged a heavy bag up the stairs and i said, 'wouldn't you rather leave most of your things in your car for just one nite?' no, she wanted to rearrange her stuff. whatever.
late last nite i went to the upstairs cupboard for some tp and there wasn't any. i was sure there was one 4 roll package left - we use the quick dissolve. well, i figured my son who is helping pack likely took the last pack from there.
so today i was helping her get her bag down the stairs ... so awkward and obviously overloaded.
pop! spring! the bag popped open and a shower of toiletries and things spilled down the stairs.
the tp from my cupboard .. i picked up without a word and took it back. i know it's mine because i had written on it in marker, 'last pack - amanda reorder'
the rest of the stuff i left for her to pick up and shove back in her suitcase. toiletries and various things from all over the place apparently ... mostly tp! then i went upstairs to make sure all the linens in her room were still where they should be. the guestrooms are all locked and the linens are all packed away for the winter.
she paid cash i am glad to say. and is gone.

WOW
wow.gif

My dh is amazed that some couples in two days go through 2 rolls of toilet paper and is sure they are taking it. I don't know - think some are just wasteful...others don't even use half the roll!
Riki

What goes around, comes around, and her day will come.
I thought you were done with guests!!!
Last one, what a doozy!!
Now come on your road trip and see all of us! (If you haven't read the thread about "help with a blog" you need to read it... you're being invited/drafted/volunteered to transport a bear...)
=)
Kk.

BUSTED!! I love that part!
This has never happened to me, but I'm sure my day is coming. Our TP isn't the kind most folks want to take - Scotts single ply - it doesn't make nice Kleenex and it doesn't have paper towel qualities. We use it because it dissolves quickly and our macerators chop it up easily. It's the same stuff they sell in marine stores for $8 for a 4-roll pack and call it "boat toilet paper" - and it's hard to believe folks buy into that (the "marine" label), but I know boaters who do!

wide eyed ... stared at me full in the face ... i just picked up my tp and stood to the side as she picked up her stuff. i was speechless ... i have thought of a few things i could have said once she was out the door
as in holding out a tp roll and offering her 'one for the road'
but i said nothing.

wide eyed ... stared at me full in the face ... i just picked up my tp and stood to the side as she picked up her stuff. i was speechless ... i have thought of a few things i could have said once she was out the door
but i said nothing..
seashanty said:
but i said nothing.
of course later there are plenty of things - like the line in seinfeld "Can you spare a square?"

but i said nothing..
I can't believe this!!! make sure she didn't wipe you out of something from the other rooms..Though it is too late now I guess. Gosh you are having real winners right up until the end.
WHEN ARE YOU CLOSING and getting the heck out of there. Sounds like it can't be soon enough. Best wishes!

seashanty said:
.. I picked up without a word and took it back. i know it's mine because i had written on it in marker, 'last pack - amanda reorder'
Then, I decked the low-life thiefing harlot and she rolled backwards down the stairs and out the door tangled in stolen toilet paper!
I hurt my hand because I hit her so hard, but it was worth it! I chased her outside and began to kick her in the ribs and with each kick shouted" don't <kick> you <kick>ever<kick>steal<kick>from<kick>me<kick>again<kick>!
I took her wallet from her now unconsious body and removed several large bills and throwing the empty billfold to the ground said "Have a nice day"....For some strange reason all of the rest of my guests were unusually quiet the rest of the day.
The above is a work of fiction, because seashanty is much too sweet to even think of such a thing.

seashanty said:
.. I picked up without a word and took it back. i know it's mine because i had written on it in marker, 'last pack - amanda reorder'
Then, I decked the low-life thiefing harlot and she rolled backwards down the stairs and out the door tangled in stolen toilet paper!
I hurt my hand because I hit her so hard, but it was worth it! I chased her outside and began to kick her in the ribs and with each kick shouted" don't <kick> you <kick>ever<kick>steal<kick>from<kick>me<kick>again<kick>!
I took her wallet from her now unconsious body and removed several large bills and throwing the empty billfold to the ground said "Have a nice day"....For some strange reason all of the rest of my guests were unusually quiet the rest of the day.
The above is a work of fiction, because seashanty is much too sweet to even think of such a thing..
Proud Texan said:
seashanty said:
The above is a work of fiction, because seashanty is much too sweet to even think of such a thing.
and pointed to the sign above the door "We don't call 9-1-1"

seashanty said:
The above is a work of fiction, because seashanty is much too sweet to even think of such a thing..
Proud Texan said:
seashanty said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Proud Texan said:
seashanty said:
Which is tacked up next to the sign that says: Meet my friends- Smith and Wesson

catlady wrote: '' make sure she didn't wipe you out of something from the other rooms..Though it is too late now I guess.'' as i mentioned, the guestrooms were and are all locked ... she only had access to the room she stayed in (which i checked while she was still here) nothing missing. and from the cupboard ... just the tp had gone missing. so odd.
but, you've always wondered why so much tp gets used. now you know!
i am 'closed' ... i took her in because she arrived here with no place to go and a confirmation letter in hand from the other place. i know it's his confirmation letter, have seen them before. there's terminal illness coming to a close in his family. so he obviously forgot about her. i was being 'nice' ........
throttling someone over tp? i don't think so. she must have issues. (i know she has tissues. haha)

catlady wrote: '' make sure she didn't wipe you out of something from the other rooms..Though it is too late now I guess.'' as i mentioned, the guestrooms were and are all locked ... she only had access to the room she stayed in (which i checked while she was still here) nothing missing. and from the cupboard ... just the tp had gone missing. so odd.
i am 'closed' ... i took her in because she arrived here with no place to go and a confirmation letter in hand from the other place. i know it's his confirmation letter, have seen them before. there's terminal illness coming to a close in his family. so he obviously forgot about her. i was being 'nice' ........
throttling someone over tp? i don't think so. she must have issues. (i know she has tissues. haha).
seashanty said:
throttling someone over tp? i don't think so. she must have issues. (i know she has tissues. haha)
You're such a good person, you know that don't you?

I have often been convinced that I had just stocked a room with Toilet paper, and when I see there is none I have often said HMM, and then just put it down to losing my mind

throttling someone over tp? i don't think so. she must have issues. (i know she has tissues. haha).
seashanty said:
You're such a good person, you know that don't you?
not so very good since i was not wanting to have a guest - not with packing crates around!! i was not as gracious as i could have been. i was more embarrassed by the way the place looked and worried about how to make her comfortable than i was welcoming. i'm not embarrassed any more since she was more interested in scoping out the tp.
anyway, makes a good 'finale' i s'pose. (but i'm here for a few more days so we'll see!)

Back