Toilet Paper Origami

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
How about the 'Junk Mail Origami' also on the same page?
I cannot imagine how much time it must take to make that flower. And I cannot give hubs even ONE more thing to do!
Altho, the pleated point one doesn't look too hard...

I cannot imagine how much time it must take to make that flower. And I cannot give hubs even ONE more thing to do!
Altho, the pleated point one doesn't look too hard....
Junk mail...my method of junk mail nastygami is to tear the mail in half, put it back in the pre-paid mailer (for credit card offers and other junk like that) and mail it back to the company at the company's expense. Probably has no effect, but it makes me feel better :)

etiquette question: if your host/hostess/innkeeper goes to all the trouble of making a tp rose and it's sitting on the roll of tp, are you supposed to grab the rose and use it for what tp is intended? or do you set it aside since it's too pretty to use?

Of the three I think the napkin one is the most interesting. The toilet paper origami turns me off because ...well I don't want people handling my toilet paper enough to make flowers or other stuff on it.
wink_smile.gif

etiquette question: if your host/hostess/innkeeper goes to all the trouble of making a tp rose and it's sitting on the roll of tp, are you supposed to grab the rose and use it for what tp is intended? or do you set it aside since it's too pretty to use?.
LOL.... I'd be the one setting it aside.
embaressed_smile.gif

All I can say is:
I am relieved to know that there is someone out there who obviously spends more time in the bathroom than my dh!

Oooh nice find Yellowsocks! I like the videos. I think I am going to embed them in the resources section. :)
I attempted some of these fancy folding techniques. It seems to only work well if the tissue you're using has the consistency of hard card board.
tounge_smile.gif
The septic-safe stuff we use is too soft.
I came up with another idea that has yielded nothing but consistent compliments from our guests. I simply do the two-corner "courtesy fold" on the end of the roll THEN I take a rubber stamp (the kind used in scrapbooking) and place a simple oak leaf impression on the paper. I use dark green ink. It looks very elegant and it's really easy to do and adds to the air of luxury. It's a small detail that guests appreciate.

Oooh nice find Yellowsocks! I like the videos. I think I am going to embed them in the resources section. :)
I attempted some of these fancy folding techniques. It seems to only work well if the tissue you're using has the consistency of hard card board.
tounge_smile.gif
The septic-safe stuff we use is too soft.
I came up with another idea that has yielded nothing but consistent compliments from our guests. I simply do the two-corner "courtesy fold" on the end of the roll THEN I take a rubber stamp (the kind used in scrapbooking) and place a simple oak leaf impression on the paper. I use dark green ink. It looks very elegant and it's really easy to do and adds to the air of luxury. It's a small detail that guests appreciate.
Hey, I like that idea. Of course around here, we'd have to use the eco-friendly, septic safe, soy-based ink, so none of the critters living down around our tank and leach field were negatively impacted in any way. LOL

Altho, the pleated point one doesn't look too hard....
Junk mail...my method of junk mail nastygami is to tear the mail in half, put it back in the pre-paid mailer (for credit card offers and other junk like that) and mail it back to the company at the company's expense. Probably has no effect, but it makes me feel better :)
swirt said:
Oh my God you do it too!
RIki

Pretty for towels and napkins, I'm with you - ick leave my tp alone.
But...who has the time for this???
RIki

RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
Takes 2 seconds. If you have time for other nicities, it's easy to make time for details.

I bought an embosser with a swan from our logo - I'd like to use that for the tp.... but have to convence DH it's good thing to do
lightbulb.gif

LOL! Who would look? Hmmm... don't want to know on that one.
But I think the leaf stamp sounds beautiful and elegant.
I do the diamond fold. It's easy, doesn't take that long, and looks great. Ever since I started it I get more comments about my "attention to detail."
But then, I only have four rooms....
=)
Kk.

I bought an embosser with a swan from our logo - I'd like to use that for the tp.... but have to convence DH it's good thing to do
lightbulb.gif
Do you remember where you purchased it? Was it a custom job?
Proud Texan said:
Do you remember where you purchased it? Was it a custom job?
Staples did it, but I think any office supply store will do it. It was a custom job - we have a stylized "S" in the shape of a swan that we had made into an embosser. I'm thinking that it ran about $60. I use it for invoices, envelopes, notecards, and napkins

Back