Too comfortable?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one we use, got it on Amazon for $200 plus shipping..
Excellent! Thanks!
Sorry to see, though, that it weighs 46 pounds. I was going to carry one with me next time I go to Europe! (might still do it)

We have a dorm-size refrigerator (unstocked), a water dispenser (room temperature), and a countertop ice maker available in the guest library. Water carafes, glasses and small ice buckets are in each room. The ice maker doesn't need a water source - you fill it and it continually remakes the ice from the water that melts into the reservoir. One of the best $200 we ever spent..
The ice maker doesn't need a water source - you fill it and it continually remakes the ice from the water that melts into the reservoir. One of the best $200 we ever spent.Interesting. Can you give a brand name?
Arkansawyer said:
The ice maker doesn't need a water source - you fill it and it continually remakes the ice from the water that melts into the reservoir. One of the best $200 we ever spent.Interesting. Can you give a brand name?
This is the one we have - we have also had a Danby brand in the past. We have found them to last between two and three years - we are currently on our third one.

Excellent! Thanks!
Sorry to see, though, that it weighs 46 pounds. I was going to carry one with me next time I go to Europe! (might still do it)
Don' forget to bring the electrical adapter, too...
But, seriously, how about 'when in Rome (or London or Dublin)...' Try to live like the natives do while experiencing what that's like.

Once I wandered all over the central coast of New South Wales Australia looking for ice. Shopkeepers laughed at me and made me out to be foolish, the drinks are cold, try one! I NEED ICE! All I wanted was ice. I finally found a SUBWAY sandwich shop and got some!

Excellent! Thanks!
Don' forget to bring the electrical adapter, too...
But, seriously, how about 'when in Rome (or London or Dublin)...' Try to live like the natives do while experiencing what that's like.
Morticia said:
Try to live like the natives do while experiencing what that's like.
Oh I do, I do. I'm a big Rick Steves, live like a local type. I do travel abroad a lot, and when I take friends with me (I'm kind of the town tour guide) I'm constantly encouraging them to blend in, to not wear shorts in Italy, to not ask for iced tea at the French restaurants.
But at the end of a hot, hard day it's really nice to have a really cold drink. Arkansas being a hot, humid, poverty-racked place, ice is the one luxury we afford ourselves (well, that and red plastic Razorback-shaped hats).
Sure I can live without it, and frequently do when I travel. But I sure like it when I find it. Sometimes the natives don't know what they're missing!

Back