Too early in the AM for this innkeeper

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Guests were headed out the door as I was setting the table this morning. They said no breakfast and that it was a wonderful stay. I asked if they had left their key in the room and they said, 'no, here it is,' and handed it to me. Off they went. They told me where they were headed (3 hours from here) and I told them to have a fun trip.
Go to clean the room and all their stuff is still there. Not checking out until tomorrow!
SO embarrassed! I left the key in an envelope taped to their door with a note of apology.
Just too early for me to be thinking straight and they never said anything like 'how will we get back in?'

Madeleine said:
They said no breakfast and that it was a wonderful stay*.
Saying it was a wonderful stay would make anybody think it was their final goodbye. You don't need to be embarrassed.
Well...maybe just a little bit embarrassed :)
*Bold italic added just for Joey Bloggs, who has an appreciation for emphasis overkill...not ;-)

Madeleine said:
They said no breakfast and that it was a wonderful stay*.
Saying it was a wonderful stay would make anybody think it was their final goodbye. You don't need to be embarrassed.
Well...maybe just a little bit embarrassed :)
*Bold italic added just for Joey Bloggs, who has an appreciation for emphasis overkill...not ;-).
Oh yeah you double duty text-ite emphasizer Arks.
shades_smile.gif

Rather than too early in the morning, I think it's probably too late in the season!
The other day I realized I was wearing my shirt inside out. Good thing I don't see guests until after breakfast!

Rather than too early in the morning, I think it's probably too late in the season!
The other day I realized I was wearing my shirt inside out. Good thing I don't see guests until after breakfast!.
Breakfast Nemo said:
The other day I realized I was wearing my shirt inside out. Good thing I don't see guests until after breakfast!
We had a guest show up for breakfast with shirt inside out. Someone mentioned it to him and he whipped it off over his head right over the coffee/juice bar and put it back on. I was stunned.

The other day I realized I was wearing my shirt inside out. Good thing I don't see guests until after breakfast!.
Breakfast Nemo said:
We had a guest show up for breakfast with shirt inside out. Someone mentioned it to him and he whipped it off over his head right over the coffee/juice bar and put it back on. I was stunned.
Aren't you glad it wasn't his pants?

Breakfast Nemo said:
Sugar Bear said:
with the pants I could have tripped him 'accidentally'.

Back