Too good A Review

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
We've had a review appear on t a this morning from people who stayed at the weekend. It was obvious when they left that they loved it, but the review is a little gushing and over the top to my mind.
It's lovely to read all her comments, but it got me thinking, are too good reviews going to cause guests to arrive with too higher expectations leading to disappointment?
One woman put on our guest feedback form in the room a couple of years ago... " I think the t a reviews were a little over enthusiastic" (what a class 1 b***h).

Good on ya for the review HJ, but I understand your comments. I mean in one day we can have guests who are rotten and nit pick and then guests who are in love with everything. We often say this, it is like they are at two different inns?
You deserve the gushing review, don't worry about anyone else, they adored your place and everything you did for them. That is what counts!

Highlands John said:
One woman put on our guest feedback form in the room a couple of years ago... " I think the t a reviews were a little over enthusiastic" (what a class 1 b***h).
OK, that is funny. Because the feedback forms are for the guest to tell you about something you can fix. So, HJ, tone down those reviews! Next time you write one, make sure to throw something 'bad' in there!
wink_smile.gif

sad_smile.gif
oh brother! someone wrote a snark about a nice review?
bask in the glow ... for now! guests really can (and do) love some places they stay!

HJ, it is a wonderful review. Don't sweat it. It is someone who appreciated your attention to detail. Enjoy the kvelling and stop worrying about it.

It's a great review! You worked hard to get it, so don't worry about it. Also, since the reviewer is not a hit and run 1 time reviewer, it gives more validity to their experience.
Congratulations.

The rest of you guys just need to shut down.
One of our guests wrote in their review that we were "The Best Bed and Breakfast Ever!"
wink_smile.gif

One of our guests wrote in their review that we were "The Best Bed and Breakfast Ever!"
wink_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
wink_smile.gif
So when are you adding a 3rd cottage?

wink_smile.gif
Proud Texan said:
wink_smile.gif
I'm number 2, but I try harder!
poke.gif

HJ, it is a wonderful review. Don't sweat it. It is someone who appreciated your attention to detail. Enjoy the kvelling and stop worrying about it..
Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with this review, i made my day but as I said I am mindful of peoples expectations.

HJ, it is a wonderful review. Don't sweat it. It is someone who appreciated your attention to detail. Enjoy the kvelling and stop worrying about it..
Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with this review, i made my day but as I said I am mindful of peoples expectations.
Highlands John said:
I get it John. It is like the guest who wrote about a special dessert I made. DANG IT! I thought, I made it once and now people will expect it!

Sometimes you just have to relax. Life's too short. You deserve it. Enjoy it.
(Because eventually some idiot Aussie chick living in the UK comes to visit and writes a fake bad review because she objects to your life. You just have to enjoy while things are good and hope that those who tarnish it, stay away for a long long time.)

Back