Too hot to eat?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
Peach Soup

28 oz can peaches, drained (or 5 fresh)
1 1/2 TBLS lemon juice
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
Blend in blender or food processor, chill, garnish with fresh fruit or mint leaves
This keeps in the fridge for a few days and you can substitute apricots

Strawberry Soup

2 pints strawberries (I used fresh frozen ones and they worked fine too)
2 cups plain yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1/8 tsp. ground cardamnom (sp? - I didn't put it in cos I don't have it - it tasted fine!)
In a blender combine all ingredients, puree until well mixed. Chill and serve.

Both recipes are 4-6 servings

It's too hot to do anything..
Yeah, and it is way too hot to have our A/C go out which is exactly what it did on Sunday. They can't fix it until Thursday, but today they came and added something (whatever is leaking out) so that we can breathe til Thursday! I'm sure it is not environmentally safe, but my dead body in a 100 degree house wouldn't be too fun either. We are spoiled - I remember the no A/C days as a kid - how did we ever survive?

Yeah, and it is way too hot to have our A/C go out which is exactly what it did on Sunday. They can't fix it until Thursday, but today they came and added something (whatever is leaking out) so that we can breathe til Thursday! I'm sure it is not environmentally safe, but my dead body in a 100 degree house wouldn't be too fun either. We are spoiled - I remember the no A/C days as a kid - how did we ever survive?
Sympathize. Tommorow is supposed to break 80 and tonight it will barely go below 60. ;)
OK, I grew up like where you are, with no AC.

Sympathize. Tommorow is supposed to break 80 and tonight it will barely go below 60. ;)
OK, I grew up like where you are, with no AC.
I'm coming out to you....here, at night, it isn't going below 80! This is getting ridiculous, but it is supposed to end by next week - TG!

Back