Too much of a good thing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Guests this morning said, 'Thank goodness you're not serving quiche or frittata we've had it everywhere we've stayed this week.' I guess they stayed at 5-6 other places and that's what was on the menu at each place. I know when a guest is going to stay with another inn I know, I'll email and tell them what we served the guests so there's not a duplication of effort, if possible.

Hey...they need to check with you before they make reservations.. So..what are you serving on June 25?
tounge_smile.gif

Come on folks..give 'em a break here !

I've heard of guests being sick of the typical breakfast casseroles, and I never serve them. They can get a potato or bread / egg thing at their next church or neighborhood brunch. But quiche and fritattas come in endless varieties and when made correctly are super delicious. We get raves over our fritattas. We usually do feta / spinach/ red pepper or artichoke heart / parmesan fritattas. But we also serve them with turkey sausage or maple bacon, a fruit dish and a fabulous coffee cake or two. I think guests who frequent B & Bs do get tired of endless eggs with no meat on the plate. Maybe that was the problem. Anyway, sounds like one complainer, not a trend.

ouch
I just made a $50 tip, so someone liked the quiche.
Joey Bloggs said:
ouch
I just made a $50 tip, so someone liked the quiche
Holy cow! Really? Was it the anniv couple? I've only seen a tip like that once in 5 years. Actually, this weekend 5 years ago!
Queue up the Twilight Zone music...the girl whose parents left that $50 tip just rang my doorbell! 5 years ago she graduated and she just stopped in to say hi!

The last time I got a $50 was the son of the grumpy mother who was here for her grandaughter's graduation, the note read "Thank you for putting up with Mother" and it was priceless. She told us all about his bladder surgery at the table, yes, the son's, the poor man.
We already ate the gratuity at our Mexican restaurant.

The last time I got a $50 was the son of the grumpy mother who was here for her grandaughter's graduation, the note read "Thank you for putting up with Mother" and it was priceless. She told us all about his bladder surgery at the table, yes, the son's, the poor man.
We already ate the gratuity at our Mexican restaurant..
IMO that is how tips should be used!

Ouch is right - I made the potato pie version myself this a.m. sans southwest hash browns due to a bell pepper allergy (JB you have a twin in terms of allergies). Guests cleaned their plates, though.
I don't usually know about the tips since we have housekeeping staff again, but last week my two newbies got a $50 tip because they had to come down to get change to split it. My younger housekeeper was especially excited when she heard they are coming back in August.

Interesting....our guests that frequently stayed in B&Bs were always grateful too that we didn't serve the breakfast casseroles but most had never had a frittata. I never made quiche here.

Morticia said:
Guests this morning said, 'Thank goodness you're not serving quiche or frittata we've had it everywhere we've stayed this week.' I guess they stayed at 5-6 other places and that's what was on the menu at each place. I know when a guest is going to stay with another inn I know, I'll email and tell them what we served the guests so there's not a duplication of effort, if possible.
good for you! it was a compliment, although poorly phrased maybe. and you get a gold star from me for getting in touch with the other place to tell them what you served in case they are able to vary the menu.
i do love quiche, i really love it, but not every morning. no matter how many different ways it's prepared, no matter how good it is ... i don't want an egg dish every day. i wouldn't complain to the quiche server, but i'd be very happy when something else appeared at the breakfast table after 5 or 6 mornings of quiche or frittata.

If they stayed in ONE place they would have something different every morning!

If they stayed in ONE place they would have something different every morning!.
Joey Bloggs said:
If they stayed in ONE place they would have something different every morning!
Funny how I mentioned that to them...why not stay in 1-2 places and travel from there instead of packing up every morning to drive an hour to the next place. Given what they told me, they WERE driving an hour to the next stop!

Back