Too much zucchini? Here is a recipe for ya!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ymmmm sounds good. I only wish I had some zuchini to try it with. Mine have just stopped growing. Maybe it is too hot for them???? Several started growing and then just sat there and rotted on the vine. I have only had about 5 of them this year. OH well. I am sure someone will give me some.
We just got a real downpour. 1/2 inch in about half an hour...maybe that will spur them on to grow:)

Ymmmm sounds good. I only wish I had some zuchini to try it with. Mine have just stopped growing. Maybe it is too hot for them???? Several started growing and then just sat there and rotted on the vine. I have only had about 5 of them this year. OH well. I am sure someone will give me some.
We just got a real downpour. 1/2 inch in about half an hour...maybe that will spur them on to grow:).
didn't have a good year here either.......many only grew to like 2-3 inches long and hardened.........some rotted early.
Did get some real good ones......and have a couple more on the vine now that I hope continue to be fine.......other than that.....most of the zuchini plants I had pulled from the ground last week.
Cucumbers were a waste of time......intended to make pickles

The farm up the road has been having a banner year for squash - I've lost count of the zucchini pies I've made. Sooooo tasty. And no one knows it's squash until I tell them (except for the lady my 7yo told before she took a bite...but she said she didn't care, she liked squash anyway)
If you haven't tried them and manage to come up with some spare squash, you should try it. This is our favorite (I split it into two smaller pies), but there are tons of recipes out there. Just google recipe for zucchini mock apple pie. It's a great way to use up the big ones that get away - I've learned a zucchini the size of my arm will make two very nice pies, peeled and seeded.

Zucchini brownies? Sign me up! I go to the farm tomorrow so I'll see what I get.

I haven't tried this one yet but the picture looks mouth-watering: Zucchini Cake with Crunchy Lemon Glaze.
The photo looks good..but 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil ????? I am not sure I would want to use that in a cake. Surely that much would impart some sort of flavor to the cake?????? I love and use EVOO but not for baking. WHy not just vegetable oil???
Good point. But I've never been steered wrong with a recipe from this blogger. I would opt for a mild-flavored olive oil but I'm sure vegetable oil would work as well.
I have had olive oil ice cream which I must say is the only ice cream I could walk away from unfinished.

Read this many years ago in Reader's Digest.
A tourist in New England had just parked his car and started to walk towrd the dock. A local man asked, "Did you lock your car?" The tourist respnded, "Do you have a lot of problems here?" "Nope", was the reply. "Zucchini season."

User Feedback from CL:
I made them yesterday. They are not like brownies at all. At least not my opinion of brownies. (dense and fudgy) This is very cake like. It is good....but not brownies. Also not enough cocoa in the recipe...they came out like milk chocolate rather than dark choc. I would put in 1/2 c. cocoa if I make it again. I also added choc. chips to the recipe.

Back