Too much?

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not too much at all. If you can figure out how to say you cooked the breakfast for your guests that would be better. Some people only know about eggos and wouldn’t get the comparison you’re making.

Arks

Reaction score
Love it! As Morticia mentions, "Our Guests Were Served Homemade Waffles" would be even better, but of course, must keep the text brief enough and the letters large enough to read from a passing car.

Last edited:

GoodScout

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, always a challenge with the limited real estate and letters!

The sign it replaced, that promoted out dog-friendliness: "We Like Big Mutts And We Cannot Lie"

seashanty

Staff member
Reaction score
haha! You're a hoot. I used to serve BELGIAN WAFFLES - plate size. They were my guests' favorite.

OnTheShore

Reaction score
Thinking more about this --

(1) I worry that the original sign IS too much, that it could come across as antagonistic towards folks who chose to stay at a rental, when what you want to do is entice them to stay with you (rather than thumbing your nose at them).

(2) Mention bacon -- the maple kind (you've seen that video with the dog, right?) (along with the home-made waffles, of course!)

Generic

Reaction score
I would go with something like. Had breakfast from a box? We served a hot breakfast.

Generic

Reaction score
...I worry that the original sign IS too much, that it could come across as antagonistic towards folks who chose to stay at a rental, when what you want to do is entice them to stay with you (rather than thumbing your nose at them).
Why worry about that? It was a choice they made. This is just trying to make them think about their choice.

Latest posts