Too much?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too much at all. If you can figure out how to say you cooked the breakfast for your guests that would be better. Some people only know about eggos and wouldn’t get the comparison you’re making.

Love it! As Morticia mentions, "Our Guests Were Served Homemade Waffles" would be even better, but of course, must keep the text brief enough and the letters large enough to read from a passing car.

Last edited:
haha! You're a hoot. I used to serve BELGIAN WAFFLES - plate size. They were my guests' favorite.

Thinking more about this --

(1) I worry that the original sign IS too much, that it could come across as antagonistic towards folks who chose to stay at a rental, when what you want to do is entice them to stay with you (rather than thumbing your nose at them).

(2) Mention bacon -- the maple kind (you've seen that video with the dog, right?) (along with the home-made waffles, of course!)

I would go with something like. Had breakfast from a box? We served a hot breakfast.

...I worry that the original sign IS too much, that it could come across as antagonistic towards folks who chose to stay at a rental, when what you want to do is entice them to stay with you (rather than thumbing your nose at them).

Why worry about that? It was a choice they made. This is just trying to make them think about their choice.

Back