Took less than five minutes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Employees Only" wordage seems to work the best for us. They all blew right past "Private", because as my sister pointed out to me "Private, ooh that sounds nice, I'm going there...".

Joey Bloggs said:
Less than five minutes and part of a two room couples check in were trying to get in my kitchen. I know this may see a strange question and DH already answered it for me, but doesn't a closed door mean knock? or don't go in there? He said to groups and couples and old people it means "OPEN!"
Now being the seasoned wise cracker,ahem, wise one that I am, I locked the kitchen door before check in and watched from the other side as this guy struggled trying to break through!
"Staff only- if you come in, you'll be put to work" ;)

I'm still amazed that someone would continue to try to get in somewhere that was locked AND had a sign.
Does it matter at all if you come around the corner from the side they're on and ask if you can help them in any way? Or is it just cussed nosiness?
I know I have found guests rooting around in the kitchen and they get mad at me when I catch them. Embarrassed for sure that they were caught where they know they don't belong. So that's my fault. And I never hear an apology. And most of them keep rooting.

We had two chaps the other day trying to get through a closed door with a Private sign on it to look for the "bar" we are unliscenced and why would it be in a area marked Private!? Duh? I have marked a toilet on the landing for as staff only cos I want to stash my vacume in it! and it is a bit of a scruff as we mainly use it as storage for toilet rolls.

Back