Top Chef

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I don't know how many if any of you watch Top Chef. But this year's finale was a real winner.
All the top contenders of the top 5 were excellent! No back stabbing, no sob stories etc...just class top notch young professional chefs. All seemed to really like each other and even helped each other out. This was a real pleasure to watch. You don't need all the crap to attract an audience and I hope the producers realize this now.
Watching these young talented chefs just cooking and doing their real thing was as absorbing as it gets. My top choice Bryan didn't win, but his brother did..so this made for a very interesting interplay between the two. I am hoping one day soon to visit their restaurants.
In case you are interested, you can go here for more on them.

I can highly recommend Volt, Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant in Frederick MD. We've had dinner (during restaurant week - an amazingly good deal at $30.09 for three courses), lunch and my DH surprised me with the chef's Table 21 for our anniversary in May. All really great meals in a nice but relaxed atmosphere. My opinion? Bryan was robbed! From the commentary, he won the last two courses easily, with Kevin and Michael each winning one of the first two. Bryan should be Top Chef...

Ouch! You should put a spoiler alert notice in your thread title...I taped it but hadn't watched it yet...oh well, now I won't have to deal with suspense!

I can highly recommend Volt, Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant in Frederick MD. We've had dinner (during restaurant week - an amazingly good deal at $30.09 for three courses), lunch and my DH surprised me with the chef's Table 21 for our anniversary in May. All really great meals in a nice but relaxed atmosphere. My opinion? Bryan was robbed! From the commentary, he won the last two courses easily, with Kevin and Michael each winning one of the first two. Bryan should be Top Chef....
yeah I really liked Bryan and his overall attitude. Michael sometimes was a bit offputting. But nonetheless, the show this season was excellent..once they weeded out the problem chefs. When it got down to the last 7 or so, they were the best and really most professional of them all. I want to go to VOLT sometime.

I agree with catlady, this season was the absolute top. So very enjoyable to watch without bad manners and drama.

Back