Tornado Watch Upgraded to Warning

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
Yes, the sirens just went off...going into the safe room.
whattha.gif
I hope that everyone is doing OK with all the wet weather in the South!
It has been wet for 2 days here after very dry weather.
Please keep your fingers crossed that we don't get anymore large downed limbs on our houses or garage!!

Here is hoping it is another "Whew! it missed everyone!" IF it touches down, may it be in a remote and uninhabited area.

Warning was lifted for our area, but we're still under a watch until 8PM. There is a warning box still North of us and heading to the big metro city, and there are still more storm cells out there to the West of us. It is eerily calm here, very "tropical" type weather throughout our area.
It has been so dry here that we have not had flooding like other areas.

Thinking of you hope things bypass. We have really strong winds all day today,. probably from the tropical storm in LA

Samster, stay safe! Hate to say it but there is more to come your way from Lee. He is still dragging his feet here and we are a soggy mess to say the least. I did see the first patch of blue - yes, BLUE sky this afternoon... now back to dark clouds. The weather forecast said it was to be out of here by noon, and it is now 6:30 :((((
Still have one guest that is stuck on a cruise ship. They were to check in Sunday after disembarking, instead they were circling in the gulf below Lee. They are now awaiting a dock space as the port was completely full.

Samster, stay safe! Hate to say it but there is more to come your way from Lee. He is still dragging his feet here and we are a soggy mess to say the least. I did see the first patch of blue - yes, BLUE sky this afternoon... now back to dark clouds. The weather forecast said it was to be out of here by noon, and it is now 6:30 :((((
Still have one guest that is stuck on a cruise ship. They were to check in Sunday after disembarking, instead they were circling in the gulf below Lee. They are now awaiting a dock space as the port was completely full..
Copperhead! I was thinking of you with all the rain around the Gulf and the pictures of flooding.
We're still to get strong thunderstorms overnight and maybe tomorrow morning, but the latest is that the tornado watch may be canceled early. One decent sized (dead) tree branch came down this afternoon but it landed between the house and garage. The drought here has played havoc with our big trees.
The pictures of the wildfires in Texas, south of Austin are pretty disturbing. They are getting no rain relief at all to help in the battle. So sad now with the number of homes that have been lost. Please keep them in your prayers and thoughts, all.

Did everyone dodge the tornadoes? Those things scare the crap out of me, ever since the Xenia tornado back in April of 1974 when I was a kid, and home alone.

Did everyone dodge the tornadoes? Those things scare the crap out of me, ever since the Xenia tornado back in April of 1974 when I was a kid, and home alone..
Omg...did I know you were from Xenia??? We lived about 30 miles from there when the tornado hit. Still not a pleasant memory :-(

Back