Totally off topic - what to do with the rest of your life

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maddie, You go girl. I don't think I could ever get past the thinking about writing stage.
This is my "afterward". As of today I have been retired for exactly 6 years. The time has flown by so quickly that I continue to tell my guests that I'm still getting the hang of innkeeping. The way things have happened, I find I'm having more fun each year. As long as my health holds up I can imagine doing this for a long time.

I am thinking of renting a 'summer house' here in town for one month this winter. Yes, to write. The house is at the end of road on a point overlooking the bay. I love walking out there so maybe I could 'live' there for a month.
I would come home everyday to do more wallpaper stripping but then retire to the house to write in the afternoons.
Madeleine said:
I am thinking of renting a 'summer house' here in town for one month this winter. Yes, to write. The house is at the end of road on a point overlooking the bay. I love walking out there so maybe I could 'live' there for a month.
I would come home everyday to do more wallpaper stripping but then retire to the house to write in the afternoons.
What a wonderful idea! Go for it!

I say go for it! If you can afford the rent to get away...sounds like a great plan to me. Me..I think will just grow old sitting in front of this computer
embaressed_smile.gif

Maddie, You go girl. I don't think I could ever get past the thinking about writing stage.
This is my "afterward". As of today I have been retired for exactly 6 years. The time has flown by so quickly that I continue to tell my guests that I'm still getting the hang of innkeeping. The way things have happened, I find I'm having more fun each year. As long as my health holds up I can imagine doing this for a long time..
This is our first retirement ..Then our next one I hope to finish writting a cook book Just on a better breakfast to be! Then the next stage will be travel to our old spots ,we loved to be in. Maybe we might just do one this year and see our son in Toronto and then travel to our lovely Georgia and South Carloina. I miss that place lived there for 5 wondeful years. I miss the smell of the spanish moss. I try hard to smell it from here LOL!! I know a bit daft. Just got to do some bucket list stuff before we go down hill walk.

I say go for it! If you can afford the rent to get away...sounds like a great plan to me. Me..I think will just grow old sitting in front of this computer
embaressed_smile.gif

EmptyNest said:
embaressed_smile.gif
If I'm sitting in the bay window looking out at the water it will be a far sight better than looking out at traffic the way I do now! DH won't go away for a beach rental for a month in SC so this is the best I can do (for myself). And, this house is in the middle of a park so lots of places to walk.

Madeleine said:
What a wonderful idea! Go for it!
Because there would be no other 'projects' waiting for me other than the book!

You will all be happy to note that my writing group is chopping my book to pieces telling me I'm too wordy. ;-) Look for developments in that regard here.

You will all be happy to note that my writing group is chopping my book to pieces telling me I'm too wordy. ;-) Look for developments in that regard here..
Madeleine said:
You will all be happy to note that my writing group is chopping my book to pieces telling me I'm too wordy. ;-) Look for developments in that regard here.
Twitter baby...

You will all be happy to note that my writing group is chopping my book to pieces telling me I'm too wordy. ;-) Look for developments in that regard here..
It's called being descriptive.
He wore a yellow jacket...
He dressed in a yellow slicker that he bought at Marks and Spencer's when he was in London last May.

Yes, I hate how my WordPress writing plugin keeps wanting to tear the heart out of what I write, in the name of making it less wordy.

He dressed in a yellow slicker that he bought at Marks and Spencer's when he was in London last May.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Yeah, they'd be taking that last one apart, but not to make it look like the first, to make it more concise.

Back