Tours & Travels Scam

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbz

Reaction score
Dear Sir/Ma,
We represent White Travel &Tours Inc, A company based here in the united kingdom and we deal with different organizations. I have just received a request for a regular Conference Meeting from our Corporation headquarters
and would be sending a group of 4 person from one of their branches to your guesthouse/hotel for holidays for just 6 nights I will therefore like to know if you have accommodation available for the stipulated period below.
Dates:
Check in:30th of June 2011
Check out: 6th of July 2011
Names of Paxs.
· Jude Brown (Single room)
·Laura Brown(Single room)
·Mr&Mrs Brown (Double room)
Kindly let me know the total cost for 3 Deluxe Standard Room for 6 nights and Payment would be made via credit card (MasterCard or Visa), please advise asap with availability and total cost ASAP NOW.
I await your email and look forward to doing business with
you.
Regards
Jacob White
White Travel &Tours Inc
246 High Street, Harlesden
London NW10 4TD
Email:[email protected]

'Ma'? He actually called you 'Ma'?
We got one that almost seemed real. Only 3 rooms for 3 nights. Alas, as soon as I responded they wanted to have me charge their credit card for 8000 Euros and refund them 6000 Euros.

Viper, You do know we strongly suspect that email is a scam?

I think thats why viper posted it to have a second opinion of it being a scam. I would say so its highly unlikley that people all comming for a conference have the same last name!

Don't you feel sorry for anyone from overseas that is legitimately trying to book rooms for people? It must be terribly frustrating for them and I'm sure they wonder why no one responds. Must think we are terribly rude.

Don't you feel sorry for anyone from overseas that is legitimately trying to book rooms for people? It must be terribly frustrating for them and I'm sure they wonder why no one responds. Must think we are terribly rude..
They have a credit card, they have the internet, they have it all.
Don't need to know how to speak (or spell) English if they are real customers.

If they were from the UK, they'd know to caps. it. There are too many other errors to bother to do anything but "delete."

Don't you feel sorry for anyone from overseas that is legitimately trying to book rooms for people? It must be terribly frustrating for them and I'm sure they wonder why no one responds. Must think we are terribly rude..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
Don't you feel sorry for anyone from overseas that is legitimately trying to book rooms for people? It must be terribly frustrating for them and I'm sure they wonder why no one responds. Must think we are terribly rude.
I don't ignore all of them. Just most of them. We had a run of emails not to long ago from someone trying to reserve 2 rooms. The sticking point was how the guest was writing out the dates and how I was responding with my version of the dates. Both correct, just not the same format. They finally emailed all their info and we're good to go.
Most regular guests don't have a form letter they fill in. They just write as best they can. When I traveled to France I had a French guy I worked with write out the faxes for me. That way I was sure I got what I wanted. Including en suite bath!

Simple... here is the Google Maps of the address: goo.gl/maps/E0Op and you can see that the name of the business is High Class Travel. They even have a website at www.highclasstravel.co.uk/ and a proper email address at their own domain. It takes 2 minutes to figure out that this is a scam.
Besides, normally people know if they have a MC or a Visa. Why would they tell you that it will be made by either? Scam.

If they were from the UK, they'd know to caps. it. There are too many other errors to bother to do anything but "delete.".
Paradise said:
If they were from the UK, they'd know to caps. it. There are too many other errors to bother to do anything but "delete."
That's the one that caught my eye first, too.

Viper, You do know we strongly suspect that email is a scam?.
I could not edit the topic last night when i posted this one. I know it's an email scam. I wanted to edit the topic and rewrite "Tours & Travels Scam". Sorry for the wrong implications
embaressed_smile.gif

mind you we have just had a new scam so everyone be warned! it has happened to my neighbour booked 1 night (ie so didn't flag up) didn't come so she emailed them to say we will be charging them they emailed back full of viruses that have locked up her computer. Figure they were tryiing to strip it of financial info. She doesn't keep any on there so is ok but computer will have to go into the shop. Mind I have had two this week one from Spain looked a bit doddgy but said I was charging the card and went through fine and have spoken in length to the lady about things to do. Also another chap flagged up two rooms 4 nights same surname - tried card didn't work rang booking.com turns out he is a student and ran out of money! so gave his dads card (with permission) he is comming for the conference and his parents have decided to come to and have a holiday at the same time. Mind I find the international guests tend to book with booking.com as they translate it to whatever language of the country you are in which makes things a lot easier.

Back