Towel Origami

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit something here. Of late there have been people who are not using the luggage racks and putting their dirty airport suitcases on a chair and sofa - leaving no sitting space other than the bed in most instances. I have been taking them off and putting them on the luggage rack for them.
Guests checked out during breakfast last week, came down before breakfast and put their luggage on every available chair in the foyer, not one thing on the floor. grrrrrrrrrr So when the other 10 guests came down for coffee these bags were scattered around the foyer on every chair here and there. I have never seen this before, usually a guest will place bags together near the door so they don't forget one! (Or load them up)
People do strange things.

I will admit something here. Of late there have been people who are not using the luggage racks and putting their dirty airport suitcases on a chair and sofa - leaving no sitting space other than the bed in most instances. I have been taking them off and putting them on the luggage rack for them.
Guests checked out during breakfast last week, came down before breakfast and put their luggage on every available chair in the foyer, not one thing on the floor. grrrrrrrrrr So when the other 10 guests came down for coffee these bags were scattered around the foyer on every chair here and there. I have never seen this before, usually a guest will place bags together near the door so they don't forget one! (Or load them up)
People do strange things..
Friends have a 2 room suite. The one is a sitting room but does have an extra bed in it...for when there is 3rd person traveling or if say 2 ladies traveling together want separate beds.
Well, they have a very nice sign on the bed telling guests not use the bed unless it is being occupied for that reason..and they don't pay any attention to it at all.
People just put their dirty luggage right on it!!! A bed is NOT a luggage rack. There is no way to block it off somehow so that they can't use it :-(
And they do provide luggage racks-(

Friends have a 2 room suite. The one is a sitting room but does have an extra bed in it...for when there is 3rd person traveling or if say 2 ladies traveling together want separate beds.
Well, they have a very nice sign on the bed telling guests not use the bed unless it is being occupied for that reason..and they don't pay any attention to it at all.
People just put their dirty luggage right on it!!! A bed is NOT a luggage rack. There is no way to block it off somehow so that they can't use it :-(
catlady said:
In that instance if it was not being used for a person I would buy a luggage mat and put it on the bed.
P9130096.JPG

These are on all cruise ships and some hotels -
502277672ffmolv_ph.jpg

where does the guest put the luggage mat?.
it rolls up and can stow under the bed.
Yeah...they see it on the bed, throw it on the floor and then put their suitcase on the bed...
poke.gif

I have never seen one of these used anywhere.
The point I think she was making is that it should be put on the bed NOT being used so when people put their suitcases on the bed instead of the luggage rack...the comforter is protected. In that case..the guest wouldn't do anything with it...it is left in place.
Is that correct JB??

where does the guest put the luggage mat?.
it rolls up and can stow under the bed.
Yeah...they see it on the bed, throw it on the floor and then put their suitcase on the bed...
poke.gif

I have never seen one of these used anywhere.
The point I think she was making is that it should be put on the bed NOT being used so when people put their suitcases on the bed instead of the luggage rack...the comforter is protected. In that case..the guest wouldn't do anything with it...it is left in place.
Is that correct JB??
Yes, have it on the bed at check in only. They will prob then put their luggage on the other bed! DOH!
But go and move it at turn down or later on (make it a special turn down to protect the quilt). :)

I think this was on another thread, but same gist...Ya know what grosses me out? Well it is not really gross, just perturbes me...When you stay at a hotel every time no matter where it is, you pull a tissue out of the in-sink tissue holder (you know the metal front type) and it is always the last one!.
Jo Bloggs said:
I think this was on another thread, but same gist...Ya know what grosses me out? Well it is not really gross, just perturbes me...When you stay at a hotel every time no matter where it is, you pull a tissue out of the in-sink tissue holder (you know the metal front type) and it is always the last one!
The thing that perturbs me when staying in a hotel is they never give you enought luggage racks.
I hate to set my bags on the floor or on a bed = yuck to both.
The Farmers Daughter said:
Jo Bloggs said:
I think this was on another thread, but same gist...Ya know what grosses me out? Well it is not really gross, just perturbes me...When you stay at a hotel every time no matter where it is, you pull a tissue out of the in-sink tissue holder (you know the metal front type) and it is always the last one!
The thing that perturbs me when staying in a hotel is they never give you enought luggage racks.
I hate to set my bags on the floor or on a bed = yuck to both.
Thank goodness someone mentioned luggage racks! I was going to bring this up. Probably should start another thread...we have really nice, solid, large luggage racks that fit heavy suitcases very well. We had a couple of guests the other night who threw all of their luggage on the second bed. What was on the luggage rack? A curling iron. It's a wonder the luggage rack didn't collapse from the weight!
wink_smile.gif

catlady said:
In that instance if it was not being used for a person I would buy a luggage mat and put it on the bed.
P9130096.JPG

These are on all cruise ships and some hotels -
502277672ffmolv_ph.jpg

That is very nifty. I've never seen this on a cruise ship or hotel...is it called a luggage mat?

Back