Towel Rack Suggestion

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate hate hate towel racks because they're always trying to fall off the wall. I have progressed from mollies to toggle bolts to bigger toggle bolts to slabs of wood attached to the wall to screw the clips on. Today I had an epiphany. You know all of the set screws to hold the fixture to the clip are always either a ridiculously small slotted screw or a lug nut. The fixtures installed originally always place these little critters on the underside for aesthetics. For years I have been a contortionist trying to see and unscrew. This is my new enlightenment.
screw.jpg

I'm putting the screw on top. Ha naturally the photo is catty wampus, but you get the idea
This probably occurred to everyone else ages ago, but my background is totally non-mechanical.
If anyone else has suggestions to save time and aggravation please don't think it's obvious, please share!

Good idea! Also, I wish people knew the difference between a towel rack and a grab bar!

Good idea! Also, I wish people knew the difference between a towel rack and a grab bar!.
Arks said:
Good idea! Also, I wish people knew the difference between a towel rack and a grab bar!
That is exactly why I never had a shower curtain around the tub - ever. Not even when it WAS the shower. I envisioned someone reaching up to steady themselves to get out of that claw-foot tub and pulling the shower curtain rod out of the ceiling and onto themselves - with all the plaster and other debris from the fallout.

I look at this way, either put no towel bar in the bathroom that can be "mistaken" for a hand hold, or put in full-scale grab bars (like around ADA toilets) for towels that even a gorilla cannot pull off the wall.

Back