Towel Spa

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
Just saw this in the Bed, Bath, and Beyond flyer - Towel Spa for $80 that warms towels and can also warm robes. How wonderful would that be in Winter?
OK...if we only had time or help to do this!

I had a towel warmer in VT. Very nice. You could also dry small garments on it.

I had a towel warmer in VT. Very nice. You could also dry small garments on it..
Bree said:
I had a towel warmer in VT. Very nice. You could also dry small garments on it.
You could probably slow-cook bacon on it too!
tounge_smile.gif

Seriously though, these things require a dedicated electrical circuit. So, depending on the capacity of your present electrical load center, you might be talking big bucks especially to run new wire in an older structure. We looked into it, but felt that the electrical requirement for it was not very "green" and potentially costly.

We have them in our suites. They hang on the wall and plug in. They do get very warm/hot so we don't leave them turned on. I don't think the guests turn them on very often, but they add to the "luxury" that they are there if they wish to use them. We also put in the tile floor warmers when we did the suites. They have a computer so we can turn them on and off or on a timer. We put that controll below in the basement so Chris turns them on when guests are there and off when they are not. Very little use of power at all. We bought them online which was much cheaper than buying them locally.
Riki

We have them in our suites. They hang on the wall and plug in. They do get very warm/hot so we don't leave them turned on. I don't think the guests turn them on very often, but they add to the "luxury" that they are there if they wish to use them. We also put in the tile floor warmers when we did the suites. They have a computer so we can turn them on and off or on a timer. We put that controll below in the basement so Chris turns them on when guests are there and off when they are not. Very little use of power at all. We bought them online which was much cheaper than buying them locally.
Riki.
I mentioned the tile floor warmers the other day to my dh & he acted like I was a nut! We would probably use them about 2 months of the year here but very cozy on the tootsies :)
Now, if a B&B had a spa building on the property (like one place we looked at) or a pool, those towel warmers would be awesome!

Riki.
I mentioned the tile floor warmers the other day to my dh & he acted like I was a nut! We would probably use them about 2 months of the year here but very cozy on the tootsies :)
Now, if a B&B had a spa building on the property (like one place we looked at) or a pool, those towel warmers would be awesome!
My husband thought I was insane and fought me on them too. We put them on even in the summer and he now proudly points them out. Just another thing I wanted to put in to justify the high prices here in Charlottesville.
Riki

Riki.
Samster said:
would work well if you ran a nudist colony.

Riki.
Samster said:
They have those towel warmers at First Colony Inn Outer Banks and if you go off season and the rates are less than half or even a third in some rooms, with noone on the beach but you, sand in your toes and a few ragged shells from the last hurricane, you go back to the room and they are awesome!
I recommend this INN btw. I have not been back since new ownership, but it is a lovely place to stay. Check out the hover on the rooms page for the floor plan.

Back