Towels...again

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Bree's previous statement about the amount of laundry to be done with having extra towels.
Our rooms sleep two, so we only have two sets per room. In addition, we provide an extra hair towel and wash clothes for makeup removal.
We suggest to our guest that if they wish to be "green" they can reuse their towels indicated by hanging them on the rod. If the towels are tossed on the floor, they get fresh towels when we fluff the room. No one has complained and most reuse their towels.
I would think that guest would use as many towels as they're given....it's human nature.

3 sets for each room, all white - a set is 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths, 1 makeup cloth, and 1 bath mat. I also have extra wash cloths and make up cloths. I need 4 bath towels in each bathroom because of the jetted tubs plus showers....they do get used. I'm noticing some pulls on some towels...I think jewelry does it.
Good luck finding what you need! I need to buy more washcloths and take a few out of circulation..
Holy cow! Where do you STORE all of them?
Not in the rooms?? I have a laundry room in each house and an upstairs linen closet in the Main house :)

3 sets for each room, all white - a set is 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 wash cloths, 1 makeup cloth, and 1 bath mat. I also have extra wash cloths and make up cloths. I need 4 bath towels in each bathroom because of the jetted tubs plus showers....they do get used. I'm noticing some pulls on some towels...I think jewelry does it.
Good luck finding what you need! I need to buy more washcloths and take a few out of circulation..
Holy cow! Where do you STORE all of them?
Not in the rooms?? I have a laundry room in each house and an upstairs linen closet in the Main house :)
Samster said:
Right. I forgot! I have a 4 shelf cubbie and it is NOT enought room!

OK, bought 3 different towels to test out today. Washed and dried they all came out pretty good. Handed them to guests and asked them to vote. They all picked this one...Espalma Hotel Zero Twist.
Anyone ever heard of them? Use them? They are avail at dept stores.
Tomorrow we do the 'dry test' as in does it dry a person or just move the water around.

I use Turkish Towels and just LOVE them.....they are over 1 year old now and still feel and look like new...the price is really worth it.
I also have robes from them, love them too :)
Just like our B&B's...you truly get what you pay for .....

I use Turkish Towels and just LOVE them.....they are over 1 year old now and still feel and look like new...the price is really worth it.
Just like our B&B's...you truly get what you pay for ......
Mooseberry Inn said:
Just like our B&B's...you truly get what you pay for .....
I got the Turkish Towel samples in the mail and I like them, too. The cost is what's stopping me from buying them. The ones I mention from yesterday are a bit heavier and softer than the TT. (And half the price.) I would order spares so I don't have to worry about finding them again.

Back