Towels

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NRV Runner

Reaction score
My wife and I are about a month into owning a B&B. We are full on the weekends and mostly empty during the weeks (for now). We're looking to stock up on bath towels to have lots of spares. What brand/kind do you use in your B&B's?

I use bath sheets, what the industry calls a bath towel is a hair towelto me.
J C Penny has a nice line that I buy when on sale (I think it is HOME) but lately, Ollies by me has had bath sheets for $6 and they are pretty nice, not thin rags, so I have bought a few of them.
Turkish Towel Company has nice towels also - they specialize in our industry.

NRV Runner said:
We are full on the weekends and mostly empty during the weeks (for now). We're looking to stock up on bath towels to have lots of spares. What brand/kind do you use in your B&B's?
Sounds familiar, we are often a weekend vacation area, busy weekends and a sprinkling of folks during the week except for a few peak times, just my view, but after a lot of years it isn't a bad thing to have some free time for yourself, stops burnout.
My idea on towels and linens are a set in the rooms, a set on the shelf and some spares. Last towels (and linen) we purchased came from Amtex https://www.myamtex.com/piano-c-4120.aspx and our guests seem to like them. Look at the size and weight, I think we chose a medium weight, heavy is nice, but then fewer can be washed in a load, strike a balance that works for you.
Here is my thinking on ordering from a supply house, bath towels are about the same cost as purchasing at a local store for similar weight and quality, the big difference is in the cost of wash cloths, in quantity you can order a dozen wash cloths for the cost of one wash cloth at the local store and when a guest ruins a wash cloth (which they will) it is a lot easier to just throw it in the rag bag and put a new one on the shelf. Now yes true, I bought a large supply, but considering the price difference the total cost was about the same.

NRV Runner said:
We are full on the weekends and mostly empty during the weeks (for now). We're looking to stock up on bath towels to have lots of spares. What brand/kind do you use in your B&B's?
Sounds familiar, we are often a weekend vacation area, busy weekends and a sprinkling of folks during the week except for a few peak times, just my view, but after a lot of years it isn't a bad thing to have some free time for yourself, stops burnout.
My idea on towels and linens are a set in the rooms, a set on the shelf and some spares. Last towels (and linen) we purchased came from Amtex https://www.myamtex.com/piano-c-4120.aspx and our guests seem to like them. Look at the size and weight, I think we chose a medium weight, heavy is nice, but then fewer can be washed in a load, strike a balance that works for you.
Here is my thinking on ordering from a supply house, bath towels are about the same cost as purchasing at a local store for similar weight and quality, the big difference is in the cost of wash cloths, in quantity you can order a dozen wash cloths for the cost of one wash cloth at the local store and when a guest ruins a wash cloth (which they will) it is a lot easier to just throw it in the rag bag and put a new one on the shelf. Now yes true, I bought a large supply, but considering the price difference the total cost was about the same..
JimBoone said:
My idea on towels and linens are a set in the rooms, a set on the shelf and some spares.
I have heard: a set in the room, a set on the shelf, and a set at the laundry (so three sets minimum).
We probably have even more than that, and sometimes worry that it's not enough....

We've run the gamut: JCP, Target, a local warehouse. All were good. House brand. Also a contender is Costco.
We have 7 rooms and I buy at least 4 dozen of each towel at a time. 2-4 sets in the room (depending on number of guests), the same number in the wash, and some spares in case we fall behind on the laundry.

We ordered from Sysco guest services. We are only 4 rooms but they have been great. We get our amenities! Hair dryers and mattresses from them too. Best beach towels! We are a beach destination , come from Costco.

We ordered from Sysco guest services. We are only 4 rooms but they have been great. We get our amenities! Hair dryers and mattresses from them too. Best beach towels! We are a beach destination , come from Costco.

We use Innstyle and like the selection and service. www.innstyle.com

NRV Runner said:
Here is my thinking on ordering from a supply house, bath towels are about the same cost as purchasing at a local store for similar weight and quality, the big difference is in the cost of wash cloths, in quantity you can order a dozen wash cloths for the cost of one wash cloth at the local store and when a guest ruins a wash cloth (which they will) it is a lot easier to just throw it in the rag bag and put a new one on the shelf. Now yes true, I bought a large supply, but considering the price difference the total cost was about the same..
JimBoone said:
My idea on towels and linens are a set in the rooms, a set on the shelf and some spares.
I have heard: a set in the room, a set on the shelf, and a set at the laundry (so three sets minimum).
We probably have even more than that, and sometimes worry that it's not enough....
OnTheShore said:
JimBoone said:
Much is going to depend on your occupancy or business cycles, who does the laundry and when, and even your linen storage space. When we first started we used a laundry service, took them a week to return linen so a third full set (plus) was really necessary as we were going through another weekend (our busy time) before the laundry was returned. In later years, doing our own laundry, it was usually back on the shelf the next day, with that and limited storage space we cut back on our numbers. Your occupancy or guest cycle will also determine your needs, our activity centers around weekend guests with some mid-week visitors, gives us a bit of freedom not available to those with long term guests or back to back bookings in season.

We also use JC Penny. Shelley is a great bargain hunter, so she'll wait until she gets a coupon or they have a big sale and we stock up.

Back