TP or not TP

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy regular-size rolls for guest bathrooms (no double rolls) and put up a fresh roll for each guest. There are extra rolls in a basket next to the throne in case of running short. Partial rolls come downstairs. IF I happen to be doing maid service, I would put up a new roll. It is not as if it was going to go to waste..
gillumhouse said:
It is not as if it was going to go to waste.
Sure about that?
smileystooges.gif

Have to keep the City workers working - so the waste is not going to waste.... You do not want to know where it goes from there....

My Mother In Law is gluten intolerant but she likes to snitch a little (she snitches more than she thinks!), so when she comes to our house she uses lots of TP too. Next time she's not getting the good stuff....
I would say replace the roll when it's less than half, it just looks nicer and like you care about your guests.

My Mother In Law is gluten intolerant but she likes to snitch a little (she snitches more than she thinks!), so when she comes to our house she uses lots of TP too. Next time she's not getting the good stuff....
I would say replace the roll when it's less than half, it just looks nicer and like you care about your guests..
GeorgiaGirl said:
My Mother In Law is gluten intolerant.
You're lucky. My Mother-In-Law is intolerant of everything I say and do.
cry_smile.gif

I would say replace the roll when it's less than half, it just looks nicer and like you care about your guests..
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

I'm pretty lucky, the older my MIL has gotten the more she likes me! Or, maybe at almost 80 she's forgotten that she used to not like me much....!
lightbulb.gif

I replace when it's down to less than half. We do turn down service, so we check that. There are plenty of spare rolls in each room, too. Also fold the TP different every day. Like Tim the Toad says, details are important.

When I am cleaning a room for a new check in I replace the toilet paper with as new roll of Charmin Ultra. It is all about the look of abundance with the full roll there. There is always an extra full roll on the shelf. All the supplies in the room such as cotton balls, q-tips, etc should be in abundance in their containers. The same thing with liquid hand soaps. That should be filled up all the way. I save all the old rolls and use them for myself in the innkeepers bathroom. I also save my used soaps and give them to the neighbors. One neighbor of mine distributes the used bar soaps to rest stop bathrooms that don't have any soap in them.

When I am cleaning a room for a new check in I replace the toilet paper with as new roll of Charmin Ultra. It is all about the look of abundance with the full roll there. There is always an extra full roll on the shelf. All the supplies in the room such as cotton balls, q-tips, etc should be in abundance in their containers. The same thing with liquid hand soaps. That should be filled up all the way. I save all the old rolls and use them for myself in the innkeepers bathroom. I also save my used soaps and give them to the neighbors. One neighbor of mine distributes the used bar soaps to rest stop bathrooms that don't have any soap in them..
I like the idea of abundance. We've been to places that have 2 q-tips or whatever and you wonder about the choice of how many to have in the room...deliberate or they just didn't check the container?

GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

I'm pretty lucky, the older my MIL has gotten the more she likes me! Or, maybe at almost 80 she's forgotten that she used to not like me much....!
lightbulb.gif

My M-i-l thought I was wonderful until I crossed her. Then I was in the same category of DH's first late wife - a terrible person. My first M-i-l never waivered in her opinion of me - from the get-go grrrrr (I married HER son). I doubt if her opinion improved after I released him back to her - then I committed the sin of putting him on the reject pile. (He was a nice guy, just wrong for me.)

GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
Mine's going to be 90. She's pretty much intolerant of everything and everybody.

GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
Mine's going to be 90. She's pretty much intolerant of everything and everybody.
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
My mil totally rocks and has finally moved to Ashland!!!! YAY!!!!!
=)
Kk.

GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
=)
Kk.
Georgia Girl and I will be shipping you our MILs.

This is how you know this is wrong...
In parts of Utah/Colorado the men can have as many lovely wives as they wish...Who would want more than one mother-in-law?

GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
=)
Kk.
Proud Texan said:
YellowSocks said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
=)
Kk.
lightbulb.gif
thumbs_up.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif

GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Proud Texan said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
cry_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif

lightbulb.gif
=)
Kk.
Mine did better - she shipped out - permanently. I expected her to outlast everyone!

Count us as a vote on the replace after the roll is less than half full.
Its mostly an aesthetic thing for us, but it shows that we're on top of even the smallest detail..
Tim_Toad_HLB said:
Count us as a vote on the replace after the roll is less than half full.
Its mostly an aesthetic thing for us, but it shows that we're on top of even the smallest detail.
yes, same here.

We change the roll between guests but generally not for stayovers although we make sure there is an extra roll always available. I am reconsidering this - although I like the freshness of everyone getting a new roll - after we had our busiest month ever in July and my bathroom is now overflowing with half-rolls of toilet paper.

Back