Transferring Facebook Page?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
We have a Facebook page that is currently linked to my personal page. Does anyone know what is involved in changing this over to someone new? Can you assign the Fan page to a different FB account?

Apparently this cannot be done: transfer ownership of the inn's FB page to someone else. This from Heather's blog. And hundreds of forum questions on FB itself seem to imply it cannot be done.

Apparently this cannot be done: transfer ownership of the inn's FB page to someone else. This from Heather's blog. And hundreds of forum questions on FB itself seem to imply it cannot be done..
Thanks. Think what I will do is create a new FB page for myself, and keep the one that is attached to the business page "empty", no friends, etc. That seems easier than asking all of our "fans" to Re-Like a new page when we sell.

Apparently this cannot be done: transfer ownership of the inn's FB page to someone else. This from Heather's blog. And hundreds of forum questions on FB itself seem to imply it cannot be done..
Thanks. Think what I will do is create a new FB page for myself, and keep the one that is attached to the business page "empty", no friends, etc. That seems easier than asking all of our "fans" to Re-Like a new page when we sell.
It does appear that was not a well-thought-out idea on FB's part...no succession plan at all.

Yes you can give control to another person. You want your business to have a business page. Facebook will take down if it is not. By having your personal page and your business page you can do so much more. I love facebook! On your personal page you can block alot of your personal information and do not post your birthday. Makes it easier for someone to steel your identity.
confused_smile.gif

I think what you can do eventually is make someone else the adminstrator of your business page at some point in time, and then remove yourself as the administrator at that time.

I think what you can do eventually is make someone else the adminstrator of your business page at some point in time, and then remove yourself as the administrator at that time..
muirford said:
I think what you can do eventually is make someone else the adminstrator of your business page at some point in time, and then remove yourself as the administrator at that time.
But I think the page is still linked to the original owner. Which is what it sounds like Don is trying to avoid.

I think what you can do eventually is make someone else the adminstrator of your business page at some point in time, and then remove yourself as the administrator at that time..
muirford said:
But I think the page is still linked to the original owner. Which is what it sounds like Don is trying to avoid.
Morticia said:
But I think the page is still linked to the original owner.
My guess is that the link is meaningless at that point, though. You can change all the info in the account settings to be for the new owner, and if you take yourself off as adminstrator and unlike the page you'll never see anything about it again. At least that is what I think will happen.
ETA: The blog post referenced below says that FB recently added the ability to remove the original admin from the admin capabilities. That, to me, is pretty close to transferring ownership - give someone else the reins and get off the buggy.

muirford said:
Morticia said:
My guess is that the link is meaningless at that point, though. You can change all the info in the account settings to be for the new owner, and if you take yourself off as adminstrator and unlike the page you'll never see anything about it again. At least that is what I think will happen.
ETA: The blog post referenced below says that FB recently added the ability to remove the original admin from the admin capabilities. That, to me, is pretty close to transferring ownership - give someone else the reins and get off the buggy.
Thanks for this, here's what I did: created a new Gmail account and new Facebook account using the generic "Our Inn's Name Innkeepers", and made that account an admin on the fan site, then removed my personal account as an admin. So it's no longer linked to my personal account at all, and I can transfer the whole thing when the time comes.

muirford said:
Morticia said:
Thanks for this, here's what I did: created a new Gmail account and new Facebook account using the generic "Our Inn's Name Innkeepers", and made that account an admin on the fan site, then removed my personal account as an admin. So it's no longer linked to my personal account at all, and I can transfer the whole thing when the time comes.
Good to know. I'm the administrator on a non-profit organization FB page that I set up and I was wondering how to extricate myself down the road.

Back