Travel Agent wanting to send check through courier - spam?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady225

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm fairly sure this request is a scam as he's apparently from the UK and hasn't named his travel agency yet, but can anyone comment on the believability of this? Is it common to have people request courier services, and has anyone heard of "Johnson Consult"?
Thank you!

SCAM. No one uses cheques anymore other than scammers because it can take up to a year to clear a foreign cheque.

We deal frequently with a legit British travel agency and they use their credit card to secure all reservations. No checks, esp foreign ones.

You can't even go by the names they use in the emails. Half the time those are just lifted from real businesses you could look up.
So, how did they say that would work? The courier is going to bring you payment? In cash?
Hate to say but odd stuff from UK addresses usually turns out to be a scam. Most travel agencies just give you their cc number and ask that you charge it only for the room + tax and state that all other expenses are to be borne by the guest.
Have you replied back? Interesting to know what comes next.

I've got the emails from Johnson Consult. It's without a doubt a scam. The reply-to is a yahoo.com email and a copy to johnsonconsult @ islamking.com. One of my spam filters caught it, the other didn't.

Back