Travel Guidebooks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
For what it's worth...the last 3 walk-ins (1 from Scotland, 1 from Ireland, 1 from FL) found us in a guidebook. Actually 2 different guidebooks.

Which ones? Did you have to do anything special to get listed in the guidebooks?

I'm in a lot of guidebooks. None of them charge anything to be in. Examples would be Fodors, Frommers, Lonely Planet, AAA

Which ones? Which guidebooks? Your state specifically?
I bet it is closer to you from Scotland and Ireland than from Florida? Gee from Ire and Scotland and it is raining! BLAME THEM. Blame their pasty white legs on your weather.

Some of those like Fodor's and Frommer's have been sent emails from MOI and followed their directions but we are not in them yet. We need to get into more Blue Ridge Guidebooks.

It takes a long time to get in the books I think. We have been in them for years way before I was doing this. I updated Frommers last year to the new info and it did take them a very very long time to even respond to me. After they updated it they still had information that was incorrect.

Which ones? Did you have to do anything special to get listed in the guidebooks?.
IronGate said:
Which ones? Did you have to do anything special to get listed in the guidebooks?
OK, the 2 they had with them are An Explorer's Guide to Maine (I've met the author, she came here to check the place out) and Lonely Planet's New England guide. We're in the Moon Guide, also. I'm not sure what other guides we're in and I meant to write down the one we're NOT in that someone had the other day. I'm not in the 'BIG' name guides.

Back