Travel Guides

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
Just checked out two guests, turns out that one of them is from F od ors.
Glad we're going in the guide, but just wondering how influential they are these days, as it's not a known name here in the UK.

I think that some are more popular abroad than others I think Sawdays is a good one to be in seems popular for unusual places.

I think Fodors should help you with American tourists. They still use that guide and it's also online. It has helped us here in Charlotesville, VA, USA. Strange they identified themselves, as they do not here.
Riki

Good for you HJ, they have a good online presence as well. Frommers and Fodors are and have been the number 1 travel guides for decades. Before the internet that was my favorite thing to do, go to a Bookstore and browse those travel guides, and leave with a couple. They have typically been very accurate.

In the U.S., I think most are using the internet search engines. Most of ours are from Google per Google Analytics.

We get referrals from Fo do rs on-line guide book and a few more from the paper edition. More than simply a primary source of referrals, it provides travelers, who have found you from some other source like TA, another layer of assurance that you are legitamite and provide a recommended accommodation. Let's face it, user reviews on line can often be bogus and it's nice to back up traveler's reviews with at least one professional source. At least that's what we do when we are choosing accommodations in Europe....find a place and then check Fo dor s and From mer s. So all in all, for a freebee, I think you will find it provides a bit of a boost to your inquiries.

Every year, we have a few guests who have found us in F o Dors. As others have said, I think it will help you with Americans. When you get your online listing for their website, you can inform TA and it can help in your placement, since TA likes 3rd party reviews.
Oh yeah......congrats!!

Every year, we have a few guests who have found us in F o Dors. As others have said, I think it will help you with Americans. When you get your online listing for their website, you can inform TA and it can help in your placement, since TA likes 3rd party reviews.
Oh yeah......congrats!!.
Breakfast Diva said:
Oh yeah......congrats!!
Thank you, it came completely out of the blue, and made my day.
Breakfast Diva said:
I think it will help you with Americans.
I don't think anything can do that.
regular_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif
regular_smile.gif

Back