Travel insurance

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Do you offer travel insurance to your guests (thru a travel insurance company) with a link on your website? If you do, what agency do you us, do you like them, do you get a kickback?

I can't even imagine anyone just going to stay at a B & B would ever take out travel insurance. It is not like it is a week at a destination spa in the Caribbean or something. I sure wouldn't.

I can't even imagine anyone just going to stay at a B & B would ever take out travel insurance. It is not like it is a week at a destination spa in the Caribbean or something. I sure wouldn't..
We have seen an uptick in week-long reservations. I thought those guests might be interested. Also anyone traveling from Europe might want some protection. We had some very odd reasons for canceling this year and they probably could have used the insurance.

I can't even imagine anyone just going to stay at a B & B would ever take out travel insurance. It is not like it is a week at a destination spa in the Caribbean or something. I sure wouldn't..
We have seen an uptick in week-long reservations. I thought those guests might be interested. Also anyone traveling from Europe might want some protection. We had some very odd reasons for canceling this year and they probably could have used the insurance.
In that kind of situation...then YES, if they are coming from Europe especially and staying with you for a week, then travel insurance makes sense. Just not for the average weekend/weekday traveler. Sorry I don't know of any companies. This one could be one to look at. Maybe you don't have to sell it to them, just point them in the direction of a couple of different options they could consider. I am not sure I would want to take on the role of an insurer. Let them buy from a company and let the company deal with it.

SOrry..duplicate post...have no idea how that happenedn????
In that kind of situation...then YES, if they are coming from Europe especially and staying with you for a week, then travel insurance makes sense. Just not for the average weekend/weekday traveler. Sorry I don't know of any companies. This one could be one to look at. Maybe you don't have to sell it to them, just point them in the direction of a couple of different options they could consider. I am not sure I would want to take on the role of an insurer. Let them buy from a company and let the company deal with it.

The real reason for asking is that we've been approached by a travel insurance company offering us a % of any sale that comes from our website. I was wondering if anyone else does this, does it work, what company do they like?

Back