Travel Troubleshooter: My Dog is Sick & My Hotel Won't Let Me Rebook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a call from a guest who wants to cancel because the hotel where 'everyone else in the wedding is staying' just called her to say they had a cancellation.
'My dog is having puppies' and 'My goat is about to deliver' are the best ones I've heard yet.
I'm sorry that the hotel in the article let them change their dates given the attitude of the LW. He thought he was owed something. He thought the logistics of the situation (the hotel making more on extras than on the room) was a valid reason to let him move his completely unchangeable in any way vacation.

Yeah this article made the what's the word, hackles? on the back of my neck stand up. No refund, no cancelation. What the heck does that mean? He agreed to those policies.

Well I posted a response to it. Things like this encourage bad behavior - get the deal by booking non-refund and then change your mind and get your money back.
I asked how many times has Grandma died? That was something that had no business being mitigated.

Well I posted a response to it. Things like this encourage bad behavior - get the deal by booking non-refund and then change your mind and get your money back.
I asked how many times has Grandma died? That was something that had no business being mitigated..
gillumhouse said:
I asked how many times has Grandma died? That was something that had no business being mitigated.
thumbs_up.gif

Back