Travelers are keen on quirky

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Travelers are keen on quirky - 76% who describe a hotel as “quirky” also rated it a 4 or 5 (out of 5) on TA
PRECIOUSLY PECULIAR PROPERTIES: TRIPADVISOR UNCOVERS AMERICA’S QUIRKIEST LODGING
Schoolhouse, Alaskan Railroad, and Giant Dog Top List of Unique, Traveler-Loved Properties
View article here

I would describe our B&B as quirky .... which in my case can be translated into British eccentricity (and thus excused and enjoyed by most). We are not "theme" quirky, it's just an integral part of who we are ..... ie our formal living room has an old fashioned gum ball machine front and center and your second night turn-down treat might be an old fashioned tin of Boston Baked Beans or a box of Lemon Heads .... etc
What I find interesting is that I was trying to figure out if and how I should respond to the "sarcasm" post. #1 priority is guest comfort - the poached egg guest would have been taken care of immediately. HOWEVER I am "known" (and my repeats come back and bring others here) for my slightly off-kilter sense of humor.

I would describe our B&B as quirky .... which in my case can be translated into British eccentricity (and thus excused and enjoyed by most). We are not "theme" quirky, it's just an integral part of who we are ..... ie our formal living room has an old fashioned gum ball machine front and center and your second night turn-down treat might be an old fashioned tin of Boston Baked Beans or a box of Lemon Heads .... etc
What I find interesting is that I was trying to figure out if and how I should respond to the "sarcasm" post. #1 priority is guest comfort - the poached egg guest would have been taken care of immediately. HOWEVER I am "known" (and my repeats come back and bring others here) for my slightly off-kilter sense of humor..
The Tipsy Butler said:
What I find interesting is that I was trying to figure out if and how I should respond to the "sarcasm" post. #1 priority is guest comfort - the poached egg guest would have been taken care of immediately. HOWEVER I am "known" (and my repeats come back and bring others here) for my slightly off-kilter sense of humor.
I think when you're really being humorous, guests know it.
When an innkeeper is annoyed, it shows. Sometimes they think they can mask that with humor but it rarely works.
I have a feeling that your guests very much enjoy your heart-felt humor and would probably miss it if you held it back.

What I find interesting is that I was trying to figure out if and how I should respond to the "sarcasm" post. #1 priority is guest comfort - the poached egg guest would have been taken care of immediately. HOWEVER I am "known" (and my repeats come back and bring others here) for my slightly off-kilter sense of humor..
The Tipsy Butler said:
You rock as quirky! Not everyone can pull it off, it is not decor it is personality!

And, dancing on the lawn? You are not quirky, you are FUN!

Are you doing the boat race this year?

Back