Traveling to Georgia

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisandShelley

Reaction score
Shelley and I are taking a short trip to Georgia, just north of Atlanta, around the Macon area. We are looking for a place to stay on the 8th, 9th, and 10th. Does anyone have an inn in that area? We are open to working out a trade as well.

I am not in GA but Macon is about 1 1/2 hrs south of Atlanta near the middle of the state.

There are a couple of forum members in areas of GA that may be able to chime in to help, but you may want to clarify your destination.

I am not in GA but Macon is about 1 1/2 hrs south of Atlanta near the middle of the state.

There are a couple of forum members in areas of GA that may be able to chime in to help, but you may want to clarify your destination.

Please clarify your destination. As CH said, Macon is SOUTH of Atlanta. I'm located in Blue Ridge, GA, which is 1.5 hours north of Atlanta. I've looked for B&Bs in the Macon area before and didn't find anything that interested me. I believe there was a horse/stable type B&B that did riding lessons for the local community. But, I wasn't impressed with the websites/reviews of the few others that I found. I am pretty sure there are no Inns on this forum in that area.

Please clarify your destination. As CH said, Macon is SOUTH of Atlanta. I'm located in Blue Ridge, GA, which is 1.5 hours north of Atlanta. I've looked for B&Bs in the Macon area before and didn't find anything that interested me. I believe there was a horse/stable type B&B that did riding lessons for the local community. But, I wasn't impressed with the websites/reviews of the few others that I found. I am pretty sure there are no Inns on this forum in that area..
I was so happy to see you back Kay! And timely too. Hope they are looking for something North of Atlanta because your place is perfect!

Hope life is good!

Please clarify your destination. As CH said, Macon is SOUTH of Atlanta. I'm located in Blue Ridge, GA, which is 1.5 hours north of Atlanta. I've looked for B&Bs in the Macon area before and didn't find anything that interested me. I believe there was a horse/stable type B&B that did riding lessons for the local community. But, I wasn't impressed with the websites/reviews of the few others that I found. I am pretty sure there are no Inns on this forum in that area..
I was so happy to see you back Kay! And timely too. Hope they are looking for something North of Atlanta because your place is perfect!

Hope life is good!
Thanks so much, CH! I am hoping they are heading my way. I'd clear my calendar to host one of "us". *cough-cough* I may need a sick day
wink_smile.gif

Well, of course it's south. I should have looked at a map before posting.
Shelley wants to tour the antebellum trail from Athens. Anyone have an inn around Athens?
Kay Nein, we would like to come stay at your place sometime. What's the name of your B&B?
C

A friend of mine hosted a wedding at Ashford Manor in Watkinsville and loved every moment. Did not hear any comments about the B&B aspect, but the grounds looked lovely in the pics I saw.
If you are traveling during the fall, be aware that Athens and surroundings get booked up when UGA is playing at home so plan for weekdays or when they are playing away.

A friend of mine hosted a wedding at Ashford Manor in Watkinsville and loved every moment. Did not hear any comments about the B&B aspect, but the grounds looked lovely in the pics I saw.
If you are traveling during the fall, be aware that Athens and surroundings get booked up when UGA is playing at home so plan for weekdays or when they are playing away..
That looks very nice. Thank you.
C

Well, of course it's south. I should have looked at a map before posting.
Shelley wants to tour the antebellum trail from Athens. Anyone have an inn around Athens?
Kay Nein, we would like to come stay at your place sometime. What's the name of your B&B?
C.
I just sent you a private message
envelope.gif

Hope life is good!
Thanks so much, CH! I am hoping they are heading my way. I'd clear my calendar to host one of "us". *cough-cough* I may need a sick day
wink_smile.gif

Kay Nein, we ARE headed your way next month. :) Talked to your compadre there earlier today and made our reservations. Shelley and I are looking forward to meeting both of you!
C

Hope life is good!
wink_smile.gif

Kay Nein, we ARE headed your way next month. :) Talked to your compadre there earlier today and made our reservations. Shelley and I are looking forward to meeting both of you!
C
WOOHOO! I'm so excited to meet y'all. As soon as I replied to your email, my "compadre" called and said she'd spoken to you. We have a big event on the night of the 10th, but it looks like you're not staying that night too, is that right?

Hope life is good!
wink_smile.gif

C
WOOHOO! I'm so excited to meet y'all. As soon as I replied to your email, my "compadre" called and said she'd spoken to you. We have a big event on the night of the 10th, but it looks like you're not staying that night too, is that right?
Right, just the eighth and ninth. We are heading south for the night of the 10th.

Back