Treasures of America

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
Sooooo - I know it's another scam(let) but I was so excited when I got the original call.
Who else has got this one? .... I'll paraphrase ....
"Hi - we're a major publisher - we produce The Treasures of America series. One of your guests recommended that you be included in our next publication - Treasures of Maine". It'll only cost you $xxx"
Talk about going from a high to a low in a heartbeat
sad_smile.gif

Anyone know better and would like to convince me otherwise !!!!!!

Me, too. Same line about a guest referring us. I looked at the website. Don't think it's worth the $199 (or whatever it was). But who knows. I don't know if I've ever seen these books but they're not the sort of thing I would buy. I looked at a couple of 'pages' from the books and thought they'd be taking the photos. Nope. My photos go in the book. No thanks. My photos aren't that good.

Me, too. Same line about a guest referring us. I looked at the website. Don't think it's worth the $199 (or whatever it was). But who knows. I don't know if I've ever seen these books but they're not the sort of thing I would buy. I looked at a couple of 'pages' from the books and thought they'd be taking the photos. Nope. My photos go in the book. No thanks. My photos aren't that good..
Sigh ..... You would think I'd know it all by now. I got the call when I was in the store so couldn't immediately do any kind of verification. I remained hopeful until I got on-line and saw the "sign-up" fee.
Sorry - no go.
One day (insert wistful face) I will get a published accolade simply because I deserve it - in the meantime - I'll pass.

LOL I was going to offer that for $5.50 I'll list you in Who's Who in a Word Document on my Computer, but only if you call before midnight tonight. After midnight I press the print button and this opportunity will be lost
tounge_smile.gif

LOL I was going to offer that for $5.50 I'll list you in Who's Who in a Word Document on my Computer, but only if you call before midnight tonight. After midnight I press the print button and this opportunity will be lost
tounge_smile.gif
swirt said:
tounge_smile.gif
That sounds surprisingly like a letter I got in the mail today to register my domain name for $199/year. "After Sept 12, this offer is no longer valid which may make it difficult for your website to be found by potential viewers."

tounge_smile.gif
OOOOhhhh - me, me ..... I have 30 mins left ... I've heard word documents are the BEST way to go and your rates are so reasonable !!

Back