Tri padvis or

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
My listing is deteriorating. At first the photos wouldn't open and now they are gone. I had registered the listing to me a while ago and I get emails when we have a new review etc. I was unable to login forever and I just realized it was because I had linked my facebook and Tri padvis or. So I was logged into facebook and not the account that could change my listing. So before I realized it had something to do with Facebook, I managed to login and buy a membership so I could get more control. Loaded photos and did all of that... lets hope it helps.
Social networking 1 Todd 0.
Just to be paranoid but was Tri padvis or slowly wreaking my listing on purpose?

Maybe it is a good thing I hate Facebook and am never in there! As it all all connected by a magic string...and I have no idea why. We need to ask the puppetmaster. My photos etc are still on our listing, although I am not a paid member now, so won't surprise me if they het tweaked. Thanks for sharing this with us!

You might try calling TA and explaining you were trying to do something but were logged into your FB account instead of your TA account.

Wow! I did the business listing and for my $360/year, I get a little link that says "Hotel Website", "email hotel" and my phone number. Still has tons of stuff "Compare Rates" all over the page that just take you to other sites. I wonder why they are so little known outside the industry? At least I now have pictures etc. Still has the name a bit wrong but can work on that.

Wow! I did the business listing and for my $360/year, I get a little link that says "Hotel Website", "email hotel" and my phone number. Still has tons of stuff "Compare Rates" all over the page that just take you to other sites. I wonder why they are so little known outside the industry? At least I now have pictures etc. Still has the name a bit wrong but can work on that..
You don't need to pay to have photos. I uploaded most of my photos a long time ago. You're paying for the link to your site and the email link. You can post specials but you dont get much else for that money.

Wow! I did the business listing and for my $360/year, I get a little link that says "Hotel Website", "email hotel" and my phone number. Still has tons of stuff "Compare Rates" all over the page that just take you to other sites. I wonder why they are so little known outside the industry? At least I now have pictures etc. Still has the name a bit wrong but can work on that..
You don't need to pay to have photos. I uploaded most of my photos a long time ago. You're paying for the link to your site and the email link. You can post specials but you dont get much else for that money.
Yep, I now know that but I was pretty much unable to log in for weeks. I had no idea that it was my facebook had me logged in so I was un able to access my other tripadvisor account(my real one). So in an effort to subvert any lack of customer service for non customers, I paid up. OOPS! I understand they want everyone to participate but you would think the "pay model" would be a bit stronger.

The pay model is simply to link to your website, a way to email you and you can put specials up that everyone ignores anyway. And of course, restaurants get for free.
http://tripadvisorwatch.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/business-listings-on-tripadvisor-what-is-the-real-cost/
I looked at my website logs. Basically, traffic that would have been on search engines was displaced by clicks from TripAdvisor. My traffic didn't significantly increase, if at all. Simply put, the same people were visiting my website as far as I could tell, but instead of it saying it came from Google, it said it came directly from TripAdvisor. And take my word for it, TripAdvisor was NOT my number one source of bookings before or after I paid the fee. I no longer subscribe, it's too high a cost.

Total waste of money. I am seeing almost zero traffic and with som extra effort I could have had control of the listing.... waste of time and money.

Back